Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

17 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

The opening weekend May be deflated too because of how close it is to people's Christmas breaks. I know TFA and TLJ also released close to Christmas break but I don't think it was as close as TROS. I know that I personally can't wait to see it but don't know exactly when I will because I have nearly 2 weeks off from work now? So I'm sure it will have good legs through the next couple of weeks least

All 4 of the December openings for Star Wars have been deflated. I think TFA as a summer movie would have opened around $300M. Then give it Jurassic World's multiplier and you end up with the $937M total. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

All 4 of the December openings for Star Wars have been deflated. I think TFA as a summer movie would have opened around $300M. Then give it Jurassic World's multiplier and you end up with the $937M total. 

imagine how much Solo would have opened to in Dec

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Christensen just disappeared.

He learnt how to do that in the 2008 film Jumper, problem was he didn’t reappear anywhere. 

Edited by Jamiem

Not trolling but I don't see how this situation compares to BVS / Justice League. BVS outgrossed the previous movie, it increased the popularity of the franchise, it did even better on home video. It was a movie that was loved by fans, hated by critics - The Last Jedi was the complete opposite. That's why it dropped so much from The Force Awakens on box office and home video.

And while Justice League tried to pander to the critics, The Rise of Skywalker is trying to win fans back - that's why on Thursday night previews TROS dropped 11% as opposed to JL that had a massive 54% drop. TROS lost the critics support but looked great to the fans, JL failed to win the critics and to look exciting to the fans. The lesson here is: listen to the audience.

• Haha 4

As said a million times

Tlj is a good or bad movie is ones opinion...

However no doubt for as a film to create an interesting narrative for future films it was a huge failure.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

As said a million times

Tlj is a good or bad movie is ones opinion...

However no doubt for a film to create an interesting narrative for future films it was a huge failure.

And I will continue to say that if you can't come up with something organic and compelling after TLJ, you have very little imagination and are therefore not suited to make a SW movie. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Daisy Ridley is a solid actress but Star Wars doesn't make stars out of its cast. It really depends on what her next moves are and what she wants out of her career. She's a much better actress than Emma Watson for instance but she doesn't have a beloved character in a beloved franchise to carry the day.

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

And I will continue to say that if you can't come up with something organic and compelling after TLJ, you have very little imagination and are therefore not suited to make a SW movie. 

That is why it is not really rian Johnsons fault and more the studio heads and Kathleen Kennedy fault.

They are idiotic to have different directors with such conflicting visions and styles.

I recently watched tfa and tlj and it felt I was watching two different film series.

One film was based on lore and curiosity and the other was subversion.

It was doomed to fail.

Either have rian Johnson or jj should made all 3 films.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

She's a much better actress than Emma Watson for instance but she doesn't have a beloved character in a beloved franchise to carry the day

This is where Chaos Walking comes in, babyyyy