JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

30 Thurs leads somewhat optimistically to 84 Wknd, 196M mon-sun week. Give it a medium 2x weekly multi, and it’s a nice 569M    

Pessimistic 81 wknd, 1.9x weekly multi for 543M.

Optimistic 86 wknd, 2.15 mult for 600.

569 is doable though it would need to hold better than its doing now. But 600 is really optimistic, it would need to hold ridiculously better than Hobbit 2 for that. Let's say weekend is 86 and its 6 million ahead of TLJ by Sunday. Probably by Thursday at the latest it will be 20 million behind and so it would need exceptional holds to get to 600. TLJ will smoke it from Day 10 to Day 17 and will still be ahead for at least several days after that, I don't see TROS making up so much ground in post holiday play to hit 600.

14 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Calm your shit, he's giving us numbers 8 hours in advance. Its as close as anyone can get with early data. Also studios are just providing estimates right now, often Jedi Jat's actuals are better than some studios estimates (typically during weekends, during the holidays all we have are estimates). Occasionally there's a bit of a surprise like with UG, but again, these are early numbers and without Jedi Jat most of the time we wouldn't have anything

EDIT: Even I missed that he wasn't including previews, which explains the discrepancy. Still, I'll take numbers that are sometimes fractionally off but 8 or more hours early vs no numbers at all. No need for you to be rude, he puts in a lot of time to produce those numbers for us

Actually he gave BoT the number 2 days in advance, he said TROS;s Christmas number will be 10% higher than Monday, and 32m is 10% higher than 29.3m 

3 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Truth hurts huh,. Im just telling the truth.

What super power do you have, that you manage to read the last 2 pages full of people pointing out the mistakes you made and still not realising you were wrong?

You might be the new mightiest superhero in town. That or you are smokning so damm good sh*t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

If Jat gave a number 20% off so late, that would actually be a big discrepancy that I would want to know what happened. There is no discrepancy here. There is a spectacular Jat number and you being an utter fool about preview grosses.

• Like 2

Huge numbers for Star Wars and Jumanji, as expected.

The openers did fine, even if Uncut Gems is the only one that can really be called "amazing" (today's drop will be interesting). Little Women did really well considering it had medium-sized auditoriums at most theaters. $70-80M total seems like a sure thing with a shot at $100M+ depending on January legs/awards buzz. Either way, definitely another major win for Gerwig's directorial career: I imagine if that Barbie movie with Margot Robbie is also a hit (if it happens) she'll quickly establish herself as a reliable commercial and artistic director to studios and audiences.

Knives Out is already ahead of Cats. :D Frozen II is also set to make a bunch of cash over the next week or so.

Great limited starts for 1917 and Just Mercy. I imagine 1917 will expand better given that it's a stronger Oscar contender and has the "wow" factor that makes it more of a priority to see in theaters, but the latter should at least avoid joining the pile of WB dramas that have completely fizzled out recently.

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

So are BOM and the Numbers erroneously counting previews twice for Uncut Gems?

Yes, they’ve both got a display error on Tuesday at the moment (though the “error” is counting money made on Tuesday toward Tuesday...). It should end up as just a couple dozen thousand dollars. 56k is my guess.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

30 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Go then to Boxofficemojo and pay for a subscription and then you can feel like a customer demanding data.

People like Charlie or Rth, or everybody that are giving their talent and energy for free to us are only on object of admiration in this money society.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Spies in Disguise was definitely a fun rush but it’s a lot of problems of what’s wrong with mainstream animation, like it could’ve been something really great. I may post a review later but I’m seeing Uncut Gens now.

• Thanks 1

I put my spoiler-free review of TROS in that movie's section...but damn, I can now tell you why there's a gender gap.

That is the worst big budget trilogy I have ever seen in my life.  The worst.  F grade as a total trilogy.  It was so bad it was funny, and I was quietly laughing (to not ruin it for others) in the penultimate scenes.  

It's amazing what was put up on screen for this trilogy...and how much of a disaster it truly was for start to finish.  If you'd have told me it never got better from my C+ TFA, I'd have been shocked back then...boy, I'm wiser now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I put my spoiler-free review of TROS in that movie's section...but damn, I can now tell you why there's a gender gap.

That is the worst big budget trilogy I have ever seen in my life.  The worst.  F grade as a total trilogy.  It was so bad it was funny, and I was quietly laughing (to not ruin it for others) in the penultimate scenes.  

It's amazing what was put up on screen for this trilogy...and how much of a disaster it truly was for start to finish.  If you'd have told me it never got better from my C+ TFA, I'd have been shocked back then...boy, I'm wiser now.

But how much money is it going to make today?

2 minutes ago, ZackM said:

But how much money is it going to make today?

Too much:)...but not as much as my oldest son would want:).

My youngest did teach me that he knew the term "cash grab" today...too many youtube review videos there...of course, he was using it in reference to the Disney live action remakes, b/c he also liked Star Wars:)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Sounds too good to be true tbh.

Yea it’s def higher than what I would have thought. I won’t get my hopes up as buzz does feel muted right now but if it does those numbers I’ll be really happy :) 

RO and TROS will be very close in the amount added post-OW.

248 + 689 = 937 TFA (3.78x)

220 + 400 = 620 TLJ (2.82x)

177 + 378 = 555 TROS (3.13x)

155 + 377 = 532 RO (3.43x)

86 + 127 = 213 SOLO (2.48x)