JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

:Venom:

can say the same thing for Jumanji which I have been checking frequently.

was 68% critics and 87% verified a few days back.

critics changed (increased in this case) to 71% while verified is 87% for a while now.

30 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Jumanji Welcome to Jungle earned in 2017 169 million dolars, next level will earn more. Of course next level wouldn't have as good january as previous one, but 300 million isn't dead yet, right?

Jumanji could be 166 by Sun

109.7 current + 6.8 Tue + 49.5 Wed-Sun (including 29.5 FSS) = 166

The following 7 days could add 25.5 Mon-Thu + 19 Jan 3-5 FSS (-36%) = 44.5,

taking the cume to 210.5

Then 3.25x that Jan 3-5 weekend gives 210.5 + 19*3.25 = 272.25

Have been reasonably optimistic about numbers so tough to see 300 atm.

260-285 is the range imo.

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1

So, new conspiracy. Do they realize that even after getting A cinemascore CM has rotten audience score. 

Som people just love to make conspiracy theory. 

'Disney is paying critics' Lion King Alaadin and Tros rotten. 

'Disney is buying tickets for their movie' Solo and Dumbo flops

'Disney is favoured by Fandango' Fandango is owned by Comcast. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

:Venom:

When I see comments like this, which I see as akin to studio ticket buying conspiracies, I am reminded of the rampant stupidity of internet trolls. I know, that's harsh, but there is nothing anyone could tell me to believe that this "quixoticlux" is an intelligent person. Rather than accept the obvious, that TROS has been rather well rated by audiences on RT, people are willing to invent elaborate and fallacious conspiracies

First of all, Fandango/RT is owned 70% by Comcast (Universal) and 30% by Warner Bros. If any studio has any influence over the site and its scores, it would be one of Disney's biggest competitors, not Disney

Secondly, pray tell, how would this manipulation work? The CEO, who hardly involves himself in the technical minutiae of audience score management, issues an order from the top for his employees to manipulate the audience score of a single movie? This would risk his job, his reputation, and all for what? So that a movie made by his previous employer (for whom movies represent but a small part of their business anyways) has a slightly higher audience score? This is a simple fallacy of believing things that matter to you (quixoticlux) matter so much to a big studio/big exec that they would risk everything for the most insignificant of boosts to the perception of their film (in this case not even the exec's film, but the film of his previous employer the success of which does not benefit him in the slightest)? This is one of many audience scores, and the difference between say 75% and 86% would have an unprovable, and if provable negligible, impact on the film's success. Even if it slightly improved the BO, it would be impossible to attribute the BO to the score, meaning there would be no way to reward the CEO's efforts to manipulate the score. He would be risking his position as CEO to make a single movie seem slightly better received by audiences on but one of many websites rating audience reception? 

The audience score on RT of many movies stays relatively constant after a certain amount of ratings (sometimes as little as 500). This has everything to do with statistics (sampling and probability) and nothing to do with some direct deception. The simple answer is usually the correct answer and incentives matter (would love to hear how you think the rewards to slightly improving an audience score compensate for the risks involved not only to the CEO (who would lose his job), but to the site as a whole (the loss of credibility would ruin the company entirely, seeing as how aggregating ratings is their bread and butter). Not even Disney itself would risk intervening on something as trivial as an audience score on a single site (even if RT is one of the biggest stateside, it hardly matters internationally), this is a company with billions and billions to lose risking it all to marginally improve a single barometer of audience reception for a single film. Do you have any idea how shareholders would react if it came to light that Disney is untrustworthy in this way. If the company manipulated something so trivial what else are they manipulating? Can the data they report be trusted? Disney would lose billions in equity capital overnight.

I understand higher order critical thinking (which is hardly required to understand that this alleged manipulation is totally unfounded) is in short supply, but still, I have a hard time believing people can stay so willfully ignorant

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I thought theaters in UK and Australia just close on Christmas, is it not ~100% drops?

not 100% but big drop.

TZH 24th

Spoiler

Australia box office
139,154 USD [Rs. 89.08 lacs] from 37 screens

New Zealand box office
53,302 USD [Rs. 34.12 lacs] from 22 screens

U.K box office
230,258 USD [Rs. 1.47 crore] from 107 screens

TZH 25th

Spoiler

Australia box office
143,963 USD [Rs. 92.25 lacs] from 21 screens (Now that I am rechecking even Australia did well)

New Zealand box office
50,909 USD [Rs. 32.62 lacs] from 12 screens

U.K box office
120,535 USD [Rs. 77.24 lacs] from 30 screens

TZH 26th

Spoiler

Australia box office
138,624 USD [Rs. 88.91 lacs] from 33 screens

New Zealand box office
76,924 USD [Rs. 49.33 lacs] from 18 screens

U.K box office
223,689 USD [Rs. 1.43 crore] from 88 screens

Edited by Jedi Jat

46 minutes ago, a2k said:

Jumanji could be 166 by Sun

109.7 current + 6.8 Tue + 49.5 Wed-Sun (including 29.5 FSS) = 166

The following 7 days could add 25.5 Mon-Thu + 19 Jan 3-5 FSS (-36%) = 44.5,

taking the cume to 210.5

Then 3.25x that Jan 3-5 weekend gives 210.5 + 19*3.25 = 272.25

Have been reasonably optimistic about numbers so tough to see 300 atm.

260-285 is the range imo.

I was comparing with Frozen and after 19 mln Jan 3-5 it made another 104 mln, if your prediction will be correct jumanji would need 90 mln. You're right it will very tough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2k said:

can say the same thing for Jumanji which I have been checking frequently.

was 68% critics and 87% verified a few days back.

critics changed (increased in this case) to 71% while verified is 87% for a while now.

It is still less peculiar than how Titanic and E.T. can get 35m votes on RT's audience score. 

to make thing even more peculiar , titanic audience vote count has been remain unchanged at 35,797,635 for nearly a year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I thought theaters in UK and Australia just close on Christmas, is it not ~100% drops?

All of the chains close completely here (UK) on Christmas Day. 

Maybe an independent cinema or two open in England. But yeh it’s doors closed. 

• Like 1