JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

32 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I see Disney is out in full force saying basically SEE SEE PEOPLE ARE SEEING THE MOVIE IT'S NOT UNDERPERFORMING! IT'S NOT OKAY!

Even though it is.

Are you still recovering from Detective Pikachu?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Movie definitely should been doing more with it being last movie of skywalker saga but in no way is it a flop 

Han died in TFA. Luke died in TLJ. Carrie Fisher passed away irl before TLJ was released. It was always going to be tough for audience nostalgia over the original trilogy to translate to TROS.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Han died in TFA. Luke died in TLJ. Carrie Fisher passed away irl shortly after TLJ was released. It was always going to be tough for audience nostalgia over the original trilogy to translate to TROS.

She actually died one year earlier, just after the release of Rogue One. Not that this changes your point in any way ;)

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Will be going with

SW 20.5

F2 3.5

Pretty much the number I was targetting (between $20.5M and $20.6M). So far it's following The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug pretty closely (from Smaug's 2nd Sunday and on):

Smaug Sunday Dec. 22 drop: -13.5%

Skywalker Sunday Dec. 22 drop: -15.1%

Smaug Monday Dec. 23 drop: -26.3%

Skywalker Sunday Dec. 23 drop: -27.1%

Smaug Tuesday  Dec. 24 drop: -32.7

The exact same drop applied to Skywalker would give it a $19,779,367 Christmas Eve gross. Although it looks like Skywalker is going to drop a little softer than that but not match Smaug's Christmas Day jump of 76.7%. @Jedi Jat suggested that Christmas Day would be +10% of Monday, which would be $32.33M. Let's see if it can jump a little more than that and get close to $35M.

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Those would be solid for SW, great for F2. Tbh I’ll be quite impressed if actuals don’t move much from a 4PM Pacific est on Christmas Eve.

Yeah I'm keeping an open mind to TROS dipping below $20M, which would make sense if Hobbit 2's pattern is anything to go by.

46 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I take it we're not getting numbers from Universal or Lionsgate until after Christmas....

Nope  :) the fact that we got actuals from Disney and WB today was actually impressive. We now enter a 1.5 week estimate period where most wont give actuals until January 2nd

• Astonished 1

Film (Distributor) Weekend
Gross
Total
Gross
%
Change
Week
#
1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
(Disney)
$91.0 M $387.0 M -49% 2