Eric the Marxist

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

43 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Screamin A Smith is co-hosting some Oscars post-show on ABC right now. He thought Once Upon Time in Hollywood should have won Director over Parasite because it had more locations, apparently. 

This SAS aftershow might be the most bizarre thing I've watched today, and that's taking into account Eminem performed Lose Yourself at the Oscars today.

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Bong Joon-ho as influential as Walt Disney confirmed.

He should get his own theme park

Bong Joon-Ho World

Ride the snowpiercer express to get around the theme park.  Be terrorized by a monster in the Han River.  Befriend a big pig only to watch it and its family get slaughtered and made into bacon.  An escape room based on the Parasite house.  Do battle with dogs in an apartment complex.  Catch a serial killer before he catches you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This SAS aftershow might be the most bizarre thing I've watched today, and that's taking into account Eminem performed Lose Yourself at the Oscars today.

This whole Oscar show is gonna go down as one of the oddest in recent memory. The elitist approach to the presenters. The useless montages. The bizarre way the clips in some of the categories were shown like we were watching a bootleg of the ceremony. Eminem performing "Lose Yourself" because...why, exactly? I thought I was watching a fever dream at certain points.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

This whole Oscar show is gonna go down as one of the oddest in recent memory. The elitist approach to the presenters. The useless montages. The bizarre way the clips in some of the categories were shown like we were watching a bootleg of the ceremony. Eminem performing "Lose Yourself" because...why, exactly? I thought I was watching a fever dream at certain points.

Sure it was weird but it was no Robe Lowe singing with Snow White or Anne Hathaway trying too hard to work around a not trying at all drugged out Franco

• Haha 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Sure it was weird but it was no Robe Lowe singing with Snow White or Anne Hathaway trying too hard to work around a not trying at all drugged out Franco

We could say this was also a step up from NPH and that "what's in the mystery box" bullshit that ended up reducing poor Octavia Spencer to a gag for three hours.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

PARASITE SHOULDN'T BE NOMINATED.

Basically because Oscars are Hollywood's award. Just keep it like that.

When you give Oscars to a foreign film, you are signifying that this film is better than all films in the world. Now that could be true but problem is you are just awarding a one hyped foreign film while there are 10s of Foreign films every year better than Nominated/Winner Hollywood films.

I don't think any of nominated film was better than Super Deluxe (Indian film) this year. There will be other Foreign language films as well.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

This was FAR AND AWAY the most satisfied I have felt with the BP winner since ROTK and it’s not even close. Oscars have been so far departed from my personal taste for so long that I actually forgot what it was like to have your legitimate favorite film of the year win the big ones. I couldn’t be more ecstatic, Parasite is a true masterpiece. In a completely elite group of BP winners as far as I’m concerned. 

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The only thing I'd keep was the montages for the actor awards, I really liked seeing multiple clips of the performances.

Having the newcomers present the presenters was stupid and a waste of time; I liked how George MacKay pointed this out. Also, next year they won't be caught up in competing with the shadow of Best Original Songs past, none of the musical performances in 2021 will really have the "tough act to follow" problem and they can just chill instead of trying to be the Grammys 2.0.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

When you give Oscars to a foreign film, you are signifying that this film is better than all films in the world.

That's not what it signifies, though. It signifies the best of films released in the US/Hollywood - or more specifically, films released in at least one theatre in Los Angeles county for at least seven consecutive days, etc. 

Peace,

Mike

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Good winners and all but the show was so boring to watch. Outside of Eminem popping in out of nowhere and the patronising pat on the back "girl power" moment (which was more tiring than cringe tbh, espescially considering that Hildur said it all more elonquently), there wasn't as much cringe as the past two years.

"All women are heroes!!"

• Knock It Off 3