Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Well then it's been of creative bankruptcy to do exactly what the TV show is doing. How are they going to convince people to pay out $13-19usd to see a variation of what's already on TV?

Perhaps they should create another love interest, use Linda Park(I know Wally Wests girl) or gasp even use a white Iris Allen as she actually is in the comics originally.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Well then it's been of creative bankruptcy to do exactly what the TV show is doing. How are they going to convince people to pay out $13-19usd to see a variation of what's already on TV?

Perhaps they should create another love interest, use Linda Park(I know Wally Wests girl) or gasp even use a white Iris Allen as she actually is in the comics originally.

So Nolan films were creative bankruptcy too for using white Batman despite the 60's show doing it first? 

tumblr_lznuj5ml3M1qhi3aoo2_500.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

They'll figure someway out. It's fiction after all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Or Barry's other love interests. Like Patty Spivot.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

So Nolan films were creative bankruptcy too for using white Batman despite the 60's show doing it first? 

tumblr_lznuj5ml3M1qhi3aoo2_500.gif

Adam West wasn't airing concurrently as Christian Bale's Batman was. You totally missed the point in an attempt to sound snarky.

The fans were campaigning for them to make Iris West black in the movie too. It would be very stupid for them to make her white, even though she was not black in the comics and them wanting to differentiate the movie from the show. It would create unnecessary controversy, and it would be a step backwards in diversity. DC fans don't mind her being black, take advantage of that. 

My larger point is how do you plan to draw people in if you're essentially doing the same thing one can see on TV for essentially free?

Diversity is one thing.

Variety is another and that's what I'm not seeing as of yet. They should use another female lead not named Iris West.

• Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Have you seen the comment page of this article? Damn...

Veronica says:

This is great but what we mean’t by #keepirisblack we were hoping for someone who is darkskinned not mixed because there’s a lot mixed women in the industry who are visible and i wish casting directors were more focused on hiring new talent instead of recycling the same ones in ever movie. but at least you tried.

Why? says:

Why is is so difficult for Hollywood to consider and cast dark skinned women? Are they unworthy?
Taboo? Not pretty? Unacceptable?

Why?

Why?

My God.

Erik Wright says:

Hilarious. People are actually bitching that a white character isn’t being played by a darker black woman.
Yay reverse racism.

This guy has got a point, it's hilariously sad.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the reason she's the top choice is because the director trusts her after having worked with her in a film before.

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Dope director, really? Odd choice

Why not? The gold standard nowadays are the Russo brothers and before Captain America, they were working on Community and their previous feature film was... You Me and Dupree which garnered a whopping 21% on RT.

• Like 1