YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

@Cap

look at these lost souls talking about reviews as if they mattered. Hey; honey. You could read the phone book for two hours and I would go see it at least twice. 🥵🥵

• Astonished 1

10 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

After the cinemacon raves, I'm a tad surprised at the responses being as lukewarm as they are.

Well, that was only the first half hour, and yes, they are more inclined to prop up stuff screened to them in a promotional environment

Have not watched it personally but there was a sneaks show to theater owners and media yesterday here in Singapore.

Had spoken to a friend who is one of the higher ups of a local theater, he told me the movie was draggy, and kids may not like it.

I have not watched it but will see for myself.. hope it is good.

• Disbelief 1

looks like Lightyear got rated 12 in Hungary so wtf. I guess the Hungarian film board is against small children seeing Pixar movies because Turning Red got the same rating

edit:

just realized Turning Red and Lightyear both have scenes of same-sex affection (In Turning Red, it's coded, but there).

I think in Lightyear it's more clear.

So that could be an explanation.

Edited by cannastop

23 hours ago, cannastop said:

looks like Lightyear got rated 12 in Hungary so wtf. I guess the Hungarian film board is against small children seeing Pixar movies because Turning Red got the same rating

edit:

just realized Turning Red and Lightyear both have scenes of same-sex affection (In Turning Red, it's coded, but there).

I think in Lightyear it's more clear.

So that could be an explanation.

It is straight out banned here in Malaysia, apparently  disney refuse to allow board to cut away the scene. 

The backlash for having separate edits for different markets is silly and short sighted to me. 

All this is going to do is cause Disney to avoid putting gay characters in their movies at all. Disney is not a champion for progressive causes. They want to make money. 

Edited by ban1o

Before it got kicked to September this movie got what is essentially a 10A rating here in Turkey. It's basically PG-13 if the threshold was 10 years instead of 13. It also got a "potentially inappropiate content" label, so the lesbian kiss is most likely in. Eternals was uncensored here and it didn't cause much of a fuzz, so I'm feeling confident.