Eric Burnett

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Hearing close to $30M for Thu+Fri combined. Waiting on Disney to confirm.

if its very very close then i would expect disney to call it at 30 mill.None that it matters anyways its still a fantastic number

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator
8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if its very very close then i would expect disney to call it at 30 mill.None that it matters anyways its still a fantastic number

Yup. Everything now depends on that Saturday hold, but this is a high enough start that no one should be complaining under the circumstances.

• Like 1

Just now, Assassin said:

Does he always steal the numbers from here?

Gitesh has been in the business for years. He's been reporting box office before some posters here were even born. I'm sure he also has plenty of sources and insiders in the business.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Shang Chi kinda shocked me in how good it was. Like, I expected it to be good but not "Oh shit I'm gonna have to see this again in theaters" good.

I think SC can have a mini BP run. Possibly looking at a sub-45% drop next weekend. 

• Like 3

Should be about an $80M 4-day, which is nothing less than a fantastic result for such an obscure superhero and a confirmation of Marvel's power.

Candyman with around 50% drop is fine for it since the Shang-Chi onslaught forced it into smaller auditoriums.

‘Shang-Chi’ Wowing With $80M Labor Day Weekend Box Office Record – Deadline

‘Shang-Chi’: First Asian American Marvel Superhero Movie Resurrecting Box Office & Breaking Labor Day Records With $75M-$85M

1 N Shang-Chi and the Legend … Walt Disney $29,600,000     4,300 $6,884 $29,600,000 1

Disney is proving they can open a Marvel movie anywhere on the calendar, even during a pandemic as Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings posted the second best opening day during the pandemic with $30M with what will feasibly be the biggest Labor Day opening weekend of all-time with $75M-$85M+ over four-days. On a three-day measure, Shang-Chi is estimated to bring in $67.8M is the third best debut during Covid times after Black Widow‘s $80.3M and F9‘s $70M.

Edited by Borobudur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1