Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (10/15-17) | Halloween Kills 4.85M Previews, Last Duel 350K

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I did triple feature of Halloween movies just now. They did nothing for me. Don't get the hype. Myers irritates me. Just die already.

same while i personally liked the last one idk why he is basically invincible

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I did triple feature of Halloween movies just now. They did nothing for me. Don't get the hype. Myers irritates me. Just die already.

Man I can imagine watching the 2nd after disliking the first, but going for the 5th and 6th hour after you thought the first 4 sucked is some real dedication :hahaha:

Anyway, see my earlier comment about having watched 0 slasher movies in my life.

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

It’s in the same box as Star Wars for me: How the hell have they been fighting the same thing for 45 years?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

The villain is invincible for the same reason CBM heroes are invincible — they’re the main character, so if they die in the middle there’s no more movie and if they die at the end there’s no more sequels 😛   

Spoiler

Until you resurrect them in a few years

— oh my god, I finally understand why CBMs and horror are the only 2 genres that will continue to exist theatrically in post-pandemic Hollywood :sparta:

Just now, Let There Be Legion said:

The villain is invincible for the same reason CBM heroes are invincible — they’re the main character, so if they die in the middle there’s no more movie and if they die at the end there’s no more sequels 😛   

Hide contents

Until you resurrect them in a few years

— oh my god, I finally understand why CBMs and horror are the only 2 genres that will continue to exist theatrically in post-pandemic Hollywood :sparta:

i mean but at least superheros have the excuse of superpower, michael has none of that or 👀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

What is with this “somehow?” Shouldn’t Moon Knight know exactly how? Why wasn’t he playing fortnite at the right time, I mean this was a well advertised event for forcesakes.

Just now, Gavin Feng said:

DOM cinemas recover exclusively on the first weekend of every month. 

Choose your own adventure:

Response 1

Spoiler

Boy don’t get @TwoMisfits started 👀

Response 2

Spoiler

Better than recovering exclusively on biannual holiday periods 😏

Response 3

Spoiler

Guess you really need the strike to delay NWH to the 1st weekend of a month now ;) 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Choose your own adventure:

Response 1

Reveal hidden contents

Response 2

Reveal hidden contents

Response 3

Reveal hidden contents

2nd. Phew.

Halloween Kills is getting the most slating on my social media timelines of anything for a long time. Which, I suppose, means that at least lots of people are watching it. People who I never see write about movies are commenting on how awful they think it is. Which is inherently indicative of great success.

I don't know what people are expecting though. Like, there's a very, very narrow range of things that can happen in a Halloween sequel. 

Last Duel is a worrying development. Looks like there's a whole genre there that's going to be TV only for a long time.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose