Eric Quinn

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The only feels I felt there was for losing Peter. Not for TONY losing Peter. There's a difference. Everything else I could leave or take.

For me, RDJ's reaction helps sell the scene. He is utterly defeated. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

How long hollywood studio can keep people convinced people that Friday start 3pm on Thursday? 

This arrangement immediately put NWH at least 30% more advantageous than EG or TFA on preview day.  

I don’t think it’s advantageous when there are less theaters open now and some don’t have nearly as many showings or might have limited capacity (in Canada).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

Fanbase rush limits the legs no matter how good the WOM is, I think legs here are still pretty uncertain. 

I think people underestimate how normie friendly this movie is. It really isn't just for Marvel fans and WOM will reflect that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Menor said:

Endgame is what I'm thinking of, had bad legs despite stellar WOM because everyone interested wanted to see it as soon as possible.

kind of see where you’re coming from, but the movie still ended with a mere $858 million - and that was in a summer with mega movies coming one week after another two weeks into its run. 

NWH has the runway all to itself the whole of the holidays and beyond.  It definitely could have a run comparable with TFA with the wom it’s having. 

• Like 5

So hear me out here...remember when Avengers was about to come out and people joked on here that the movie would make about what all the individual solo movies made combined and then it basically did around that and blew everyone away? 319 + 181 + 176 =676

Well...Spider-Man 407 + ASM 262 +  SMH 334=1.003 billion domestic 👀 so maybe the movie will hit that give or take 50 million🤔🧐

• Astonished 4

I can’t stress enough how Nat’s death, Tony’s death, and Steve going back to Peggy alienated like all of the tumblr crowd from seeing the film in theaters, or at least seeing it again.  They are still bitter about it.  Totally affected its legs. 

NWH doesn’t have that. It’s pure happy fan service. Like this is super fun after two years of shit escapism fan service. Only reason this is gonna collapse is if Omicorn turns into the the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight meme redux. 

26 minutes ago, Menor said:

Endgame is what I'm thinking of, had bad legs despite stellar WOM because everyone interested wanted to see it as soon as possible.

Endgame wasn't released right before the Winter holiday.

Those winter legs are no joke.

• Like 6