Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

11 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

I laughed at the number of screenings earlier this weekend, but my theater has  3:50, 3:55, 4:00, 4:05, 4:10, and 4:15 showings today (it’s 4:00 now) and they all basically sold out 😐

I looked further ahead and you can’t get seats that aren’t the very front row until the last 3 screenings of the day 

There’s like 75 million showings I don’t even understand how there are enough people around here to fill all these screenings :blink:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

The mtg scene around Cal used to be much better than Palo Alto. Eudemonia on university ave was great, lot of pros around, friendly ownership/staff and I spent a lot of Friday nights there in high school. Closed during the pandemic unfortunately iirc, Games of Berkeley I think it still kicking.

Yeah, Games at Berkeley is still around. There's also this cafe called Victory Point where they sell packs and do drafts every Tuesday and Friday. 

• Like 1

Random Thought: I still think the stupidest thing Snyder did was kill off Superman in BvS. What the hell is the point of killing off Superman when you have a Justice League movie coming out next year? lol now you gotta waste time and plot just to bring him back.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Random Thought: I still think the stupidest thing Snyder did was kill off Superman in BvS. What the hell is the point of killing off Superman when you have a Justice League movie coming out next year? lol now you gotta waste time and plot just to bring him back.

His death is what motivates Bruce and Diana to seek out the other metahumans to form the team. It would be too easy to fight alien invaders if they had Superman by their side, considering he is too powerful. It works perfectly if you watch Snyder's cut of Justice League.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

What customers see: supply demand imbalance creating a mad scramble and shortages

What producers see: supply demand imbalance creating $2000 tickets

You mean what Scalpers see!! Not even Jackman is going for $2000 upfront on the primary market. More like $600. But secondary. Woof. Those poor folks. 

42 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

I looked further ahead and you can’t get seats that aren’t the very front row until the last 3 screenings of the day 

There’s like 75 million showings I don’t even understand how there are enough people around here to fill all these screenings :blink:

How many screens does the cinema have?

In Germany in the cinema I used to go to DS2 gets like 3 out of 11 screens (and only 2 for the whole day). Which is as much as most bog new openers get - only movies that get more were like SW TFA, TLJ and TROS, Endgame, James Bond and a 2 or 3 German movies since like 2015, maybe Frozen II.

41 minutes ago, Wondy said:

You mean what Scalpers see!! Not even Jackman is going for $2000 upfront on the primary market. More like $600. But secondary. Woof. Those poor folks. 

Not clear to me why people don’t just set primary market prices at what people’s willingness to pay is (as indicated by black market upselling).   

I mean vaguely it’s like “bad PR from disgruntled people” but I dunno if that’s actually compelling enough.

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

8 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Not clear to me why people don’t just set primary market prices at what people’s willingness to pay is (as indicated by black market upwelling).   

I mean vaguely it’s like “bad PR from disgruntled people” but I dunno if that’s actually compelling enough.

You're over estimating the pool of people who will pay for the pricey tickets.  It's safer to keep them lower and _sell them_.

I get what you're saying.  And some shows **do** do that.  But they usually keep it for only like the first 2 rows, not a giant block.  Or those pricey tickets are part of a "premium package deal."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

How many screens does the cinema have?

In Germany in the cinema I used to go to DS2 gets like 3 out of 11 screens (and only 2 for the whole day). Which is as much as most bog new openers get - only movies that get more were like SW TFA, TLJ and TROS, Endgame, James Bond and a 2 or 3 German movies since like 2015, maybe Frozen II.

My cinema has 14 screens, and at any given time, DS2 has between 10-13 of them!

At one point tomorrow there are nine showtimes for DS2 in a 60-minute window  :lol:

Edited by Djsoke

This movie was more fun that I was giving it credit for.

I think I just had my Raimi/horror expectations set too high the first go around (and a strangely unresponsive opening day audience).

Still too light on character for Strange but it's a solid MCU outing, occasionally (especially in the third act) elevated to something more by Sam Raimi's direction.

It's nice to see him back. 

Edited by FilmFincher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FilmFincher said:

I think I just had my Raimi/horror expectations set too high the first go around (and a strangely unresponsive opening day audience).

In my screening there was only one guy cheering at all the fan stuff. He was sitting right next to me. It made for an awkward viewing.

1 hour ago, iHeartJames said:

Not to mention they couldn't use Supes in the marketing.... What the hell is the point of marketing a JL movie if you can't feature Supes lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

In my screening there was only one guy cheering at all the fan stuff. He was sitting right next to me. It made for an awkward viewing.

That does sound very awkward lol. It's definitely more of a theme park ride for some. 

Tbh the fan stuff was my least favourite aspect of the film so I didn't mind the lack of response in those moments. 

What really gave me a kick this time around was the response to some of those surprisingly violent moments, a lot of shock in the room.

11 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Not to mention they couldn't use Supes in the marketing.... What the hell is the point of marketing a JL movie if you can't feature Supes lol

It's funny that the first JL pic that Warner released 4 months after BvS, had Superman on it, and then Warner never included him in the marketing (if you don't count the last trailer where he appears but as a dream sequence in context)justiceleague.0.0.jpg