Eric Prime

TOP GUN MAVERICK/MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THREAD | 126.7M 3-Day, 160.5M 4-Day. The biggest Memorial Day opening ever! | Doctor Strange 20.5M 4-Day, Bob's Burgers 14.8M

2 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I admit to only frequent these halls when there’s a movie I care for, and somehow you are always the one to bring doom and gloom to the proceedings. Why do you do that?

If anyone took that post seriously... well, I am not sure what to tell you all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Why do we not have major release films focused on flying? The photography is simply beautiful. The major money shots from historically great marketing campaigns for IRON MAN, PEARL HARBOR, TRANSFORMERS, INDEPENDENCE DAY all focused on aerial battles. The shots of the wave of helicopters in the ads for BLACK HAWK DOWN were stunning. Even AVATARS major money shots were they flying on those huge birds. Audiences love a good aerial dog fight. 

This movie gonna do for fighter jets what Apocalypse Now and Black Hawk Down did for helicopters.

• Like 3

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

jumping tom cruise GIF

Absolutely incredible number even if it isn't a true Thursday. I'm halfway through the movie now, and it's been a blast so far! Hopefully the third act keeps up the pace!

Why are you on your phone? Just watch the movie you silly goose :lol:

Saw Top Gun 2 yesterday. Incredible. Definitely a must watch. Might go see it again in theaters this weekend.

They should’ve called it Top Gun 2: Worth the Wait.

Easily my favorite movie of the year(Haven’t seen EEAAO yet).

32 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

Curious to see what Cruise does post TG and MI movies. Hope he doesn't go back to doing generic crap like Jack Reacher or The Mummy or whatever. 

He's a really underrated dramatic actor, I'd love to see him in a non-action role again

I have heard he still wants to play Les Grossman again.

The obvious solution is a movie where Les Grossman is producing the new Tom Cruise movie and getting pissed that that sawed off little punk keeps trying to get himself killed.

• Like 3

The whole marketing campaign of TGM is seriously worth a praise. They organised multiple tours across the globe, from USA to Mexico City, from UK to tokyo, just to have actual in person premiere with jet fighters hyping up the event. Tom cruise is exercising and flexing his international star power to the max this round to deliver an event of the decade. See this video to get what they have achieved.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The whole marketing campaign of TGM is seriously worth a praise. They organised multiple tours across the globe, from USA to Mexico City, from UK to tokyo, just to have actual in person premiere with jet fighters hyping up the event. Tom cruise is exercising and flexing his international star power to the max this round to deliver an event of the decade. See this video to get what they have achieved.

To be fair he did this for Mission Impossible 3 back in the day, remember the jet ski?