EmpireCity

Top Gun Maverick Weekdays Thread | 15.8m Tue, 14.8m Wed, 14.5m Thurs, ??m Fri

So this is heading to 2nd weekend that many thought would be a opening weekend figure initially.

And I just realised the Tuesday number referred in the thread title is applicable to Wednesday and Thursday too and no changes required. 

Edited by Borobudur

4 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

Does TG2 doing well give an opening that a lot of people will come out for Keatons batman ??, It seem oldies will come out given it's the right nostalgia.

Keaton’s Batman was barely In his own movies and has been overshadowed by Bale 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Not to a large segment, and Keaton in the Flash footage got by far the biggest reaction from the crowd at CinemaCon.  

• Like 6

I didn't think the OW was particularly impressive. It was astonishing, but somehow expected (it's what happens when we have such great trackers here doing better projections than many in industry) 

But these weekdays are just insane, it's way better than even the best case scenario, really a delight to follow. 

I think +70M second weekend is definitely happening.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The craziness isn’t just in the US either. Here in the UK, Top Gun’s Wednesday yesterday was only £300k less than it’s first Friday. 

Crazy!!!
Please, where can i see the Uk daily box office? i´d love to see the TGM daily numbers.
Thanks!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, setna said:

Crazy!!!
Please, where can i see the Uk daily box office? i´d love to see the TGM daily numbers.
Thanks!!

You got the International Section where there's daily updates for near every country, including UK or Spain 😍

Edited by picores
  • Like 2

Yeah, the numbers have been truly bonkers across the pond aswell. Looks set to potentially stay flat in the UK over Wed-Sun from the already huge 5 day opening of £15.9m ($20m) last week. 

• Like 3

DOM BO legs well but it never give crazy daily trending like China where you can have weekdays higher than OD. 

Top Gun 2 is one we got closer to that with strong weekdays, but even here we are sort of expecting muted Fri jumps. Hopefully it continue to surprise and give a normal 80-85% Friday jump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, setna said:

Crazy!!!
Thanks!!

Not to downplay the performance but ain't there holidays in the UK right now? Something about celebrating the Queen?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Not to downplay the performance but ain't there holidays in the UK right now? Something about celebrating the Queen?

There is. But even Monday and Tuesday weren’t far off from OD, and they were normal working days, and Wednesday which was also a normal working day was above the OD. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Keatons batman is still hugely popular....people like to downplay it like they did with TG2. I'm sure the older folk will come out given that it is good loool

• Like 3

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

DOM BO legs well but it never give crazy daily trending like China where you can have weekdays higher than OD. 

Top Gun 2 is one we got closer to that with strong weekdays, but even here we are sort of expecting muted Fri jumps. Hopefully it continue to surprise and give a normal 80-85% Friday jump.

What's Is second weekend OS looking like? Bse some of weekday holds there  have been insane.

2 hours ago, Juby said:

$64m, maybe $67m 2nd weekend - that's my predicton.

Original Top Gun's run adjusted would be at least $456 million. Let's see if sequel can beat it. :)

It will. Everything is on its side to deliver incredible legs.

2 hours ago, Juby said:

$64m, maybe $67m 2nd weekend - that's my predicton.

Original Top Gun's run adjusted would be at least $456 million. Let's see if sequel can beat it. :)

+50% +30% -27% gets it 70m.

Thinking 75m-80m . 

It's blowing way  past 450m. 

Edited by Liiviig 1998