EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/6-9) // 12.4m Mon // 13.76m Tue // 12.4m Wed // 9.0m Thurs

20 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Tom Cruise will likely never be able to get a movie made again

I'm not a lawyer or anything but he could be held criminally liable for this abject disaster of a hold.

Laughing that it took 14 days-- and losing all its expensive auditoriums to preview shows for one of the year's biggest tentpoles-- for Top Gun to have a less-than-extraordinary daily hold. When opening weekend numbers came in, I was predicting a first Thursday of 8-9 mil.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

American sniper had a major drop in its 3rd weekend too, so TGM is following that trend. 

Superbowl sunday that weekend. It had good holds after that but still kind of took the wind out of its sails. 

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

Superbowl sunday that weekend. It had good holds after that but still kind of took the wind out of its sails. 

Let's see how the weekend hold, I think JWD give TGM some big blow last week too in Mexico and Brazil but eventually stabilized into the weekend. 

• Like 2

Hopefully this means a bigger start for JWD? It has to make as much as it can before WOM kills it and so far walk in sales seems decent. Don't think it'll hold well though as I think the Domestic market will more or less follow Hong Kong and have TGM back on top by next Thursday.

• Like 1

BOT forum after 2nd Wednesday TGM numbers - "Oh my god!!! $700m locked, Avatar is going down!"

BOT forum after 2nd Thursday TGM numbers - "Is the $600m still even possible?"

LOL :D Chill out guys, TGM is still doing great, no matter what numbers we get.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

80% VA SCORE overnight…

B+ CinemaScore incoming??? B or B- if it drops into the 70s later tonight. A disaster either way.

Wouldn’t a B- be much more of a disaster than a B+? 

Or are we using the word “disaster” for anything in the B range? But straight from disaster to good if it’s an A-? 😂

There seems to be no middle ground.

• Like 1

IMAX/PLF heavy Dune dropped 32.9% on the Thursday it gave up those shows to Eternals, but was also available on HBO, so didn't think TG2 would suffer a similar fate. Welp ...

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$9m for TG2 on Thursday.  

You did this on purpose.  You gave the 8.7m number and knew everyone would freak out.  Then you came back with the real number so that people would feel a little better about that number.  You just wanted to watch the meltdown first. 

thats not right GIF by mintmobile

10 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

You did this on purpose.  You gave the 8.7m number and knew everyone would freak out.  Then you came back with the real number so that people would feel a little better about that number.  You just wanted to watch the meltdown first. 

thats not right GIF by mintmobile

What's the gif from?