Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Give it a fucking rest, you are beyond annoying in your schtick.  

bUT thEATerS arE deAD

But seriously, take a chill pill.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

if it the articles about Paramount wanting to get TGM on streaming as soon as possible and only Tom Cruise stopping them are true though then he is pretty much right 

They aren't true, it is using a bloated source that is full of shit.  Paramount the movie studio does not in any way want to shove TG2 on streaming as soon as possible.  It's complete bullshit and isn't happening either way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, thebig2000 said:

Black Phone has a decent chance of pulling off a $25-30M weekend based on this. I guess we were wrong to underestimate it. Should get a top 3 finish at this rate.

I told everyone a while ago it had potential to blow up and likely would. 

Hey I know we're mostly a bunch of dudes from around the world here but maybe on a really dark and shitty day in America we shouldn't be assholes to each other in service of the same argument over streaming vs. theaters we have had 10,000 times. 

Let's celebrate a genuinely positive box office weekend instead!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Moderation

@CJohn @EmpireCity We have Ignore functionalities, where you no longer have to see posts from certain users if you prefer not seeing it. Please use them on each other if you are so bothered or offended by each other's posts, because getting into these fights every week isn't productive and is extremely tiring.

EDIT: @Cmasterclay Dang, maybe your "Actually a Mod" title is accurate after all

• Like 1

The most annoying part of the "Ignore" function is, you still can see their non-sensical posts if someone else reply them. Worse, those annoying posts generally attract most replies....so basically render the "Ignore" function to useless.

• Like 3

Solid preview numbers for both films. I saw The Black Phone last night and it’s definitely one of the more crowd-pleasing horror films I’ve seen in a while, where I think most everyone will get a kick out of it. A higher than average Cinemascore, at least compared to other horror films, would not surprise me.

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I told everyone a while ago it had potential to blow up and likely would. 

To be fair, when the trailer dropped I was expecting a breakout, $30-40m opening. 

Tracking made me reduce my expectations, but I personally wouldn’t call high twenties “blowing up” for it either. 

7 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

Moderation

@CJohn @EmpireCity We have Ignore functionalities, where you no longer have to see posts from certain users if you prefer not seeing it. Please use them on each other if you are so bothered or offended by each other's posts, because getting into these fights every week isn't productive and is extremely tiring.

EDIT: @Cmasterclay Dang, maybe your "Actually a Mod" title is accurate after all

Again, the easy solution would be tell him to stop posting that garbage schtick over and over and over because I am not the only one annoyed by it after the millionth time.  

Instead, you put the onus on me to put him on "ignore" and don't address him at all.  

Par for the course.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Again, the easy solution would be tell him to stop posting that garbage schtick over and over and over because I am not the only one annoyed by it after the millionth time.  

Instead, you put the onus on me to put him on "ignore" and don't address him at all.  

Par for the course.  

Okay.

Moderation

@CJohn your "theaters are dead" schtick is annoying others. Please do not do it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wow, when the big corporations do more for their employees than the government... that's when you know you're in the fucked up country known as America. 

edit: and no this isn't a post about me being a shill for mega corporations lol

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 1