Eric is Anxious

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

That's not what the thread's talking about though, hence why I said to not get into it this day. Look at the most upvoted comment in here 

People are not going to want to go out to the cinema..... I mean come on. Its survived covid. It will survive "this". Box office is slowly coming back. Just dont have the depth of movies so 2 new releases doing well on top of 1 great holdover and 1 decent and 1 disappointing animated is overall pretty good. 

I wont comment on political issues. I dont live in the US. But purely on box office returns things look quite promising. Get rid of Chapek and it will look even better long term.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I have had the numbers for a few hours, but enjoying watching a classic BOT friday meltdown.  Let’s see how far it can go.

Oh please no, i was about to ask for some numbers so we can move on from these "negative impact that will make everything flop" argument that is being discussed based on nothing. 

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Well, you guys are about to elect JD Vance, of Hillbilly Elegy fame, to the Senate, so might as well enjoy as many good days as possible before November.

I think this could help Ryan and Whaley tbh

But I think a lot of people get by living on this philosophy. I mean, the world has been pretty miserable since 2016, have to relish the good things where you can

1540846918152?e=1659571200&v=beta&t=i-FU

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

That's not what the thread's talking about though, hence why I said to not get into it this day. Look at the most upvoted comment in here 

I know it's an important discussion but it's past the worrisome arguments about the situation itself to meltdowns about how this will make everything disappoint box office wise based on nothing for quite some time now. 

People can feel really bad for an awful situation and still get out of the house to go to a party or a theater to get some joy, it's what i like to do when i'm sad, for example. 

So yeah, the discussion is getting tiring the way is going.

So far this weekend I’ve seen three movies in 70mm, an advanced showing of Marcel the shell, and am about to see The Matrix on 35mm all while having existential crises about the future of the world

and yet SOMEONE keeps guilt tripping me about not seeing elvis yet…

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

41 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I have had the numbers for a few hours, but enjoying watching a classic BOT friday meltdown.  Let’s see how far it can go.

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

(13 10.5 8.5 8 6)

• Like 1

Well, it may not matter much in the grand scheme of things, but at my one little theater in Salt Lake, Elvis, Black Phone, and Maverick are all near sellouts for the prime evening show, and Dominion and Lightyear are running about 70%, so if people are seeking solace from the day's events, it looks to me like a fair number have decided that a movie theater is as good a place as any to find it.