Eric is Anxious

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The whole trend of teenage boys showing up to Minions in full suits/tuxes isn’t just an internet thing. Our 10:30PM show last night had fucking 70+ people, 95% of which were high school/college age males in suits.

Imma be honest, this post has finally convinced me Barbie will breakout like crazy. Not even joking

• Like 4

1 minute ago, noknobs said:

I hadn't been on here for years but started checking the Top Gun numbers several weeks ago. The ridiculous moderation here is the worst I've ever seen. Double standards, taking things too seriously, just a shit show. This will probably get me banned since they take themselves too seriously. Oh no...

What a loss that would be for the forum...

Edited by StormbreakerXXR
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The whole trend of teenage boys showing up to Minions in full suits/tuxes isn’t just an internet thing. Our 10:30PM show last night had fucking 70+ people, 95% of which were high school/college age males in suits.

What?

Where did that originate?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

is that the grooming everybody talks about ?

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

kids had their fun already - Top Gun: Maverick

now it’s real men’s turn - Minions: The Rise of Gru

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Well thanks, now I'm down a rabbit hole

7 minutes ago, noknobs said:

I hadn't been on here for years but started checking the Top Gun numbers several weeks ago. The ridiculous moderation here is the worst I've ever seen. Double standards, taking things too seriously, just a shit show. This will probably get me banned since they take themselves too seriously. Oh no...

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I really don't understand the youth 

14 minutes ago, noknobs said:

Welcome back 

• Haha 1

Guys, Gals and people, there’s a simple reason why Minions is succeeding and Lightyear is flopping. Pixar is known for touching and smart films but is most known for one thing. Having moms with dumptruck asses.

pixar111.jpg

Lightyear had no one, male, female or non-binary with the dumptruck but Minions did.

1effad8f002c45fad668cf036870fdafb20b766f

maxresdefault.jpg

Enter Michelle Yeoh’s Master Chow, she a Kung Fu master and pretty thicc. Her actress is a baddie in real life too. In short, She bad. She got the MILF angle down and can fight, you can bet in her past, she had that Chun-Li built. That’s why Minions blew up because they had baddies in more than one way.

Edited by YourMother

28 minutes ago, DAJK said:

When the gang goes to the Minions

MaleColorlessCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

damn i spent the last like five hours watching the last 2 episodes of stranger things (i feel like i just ran a marathon god damn that shit was long) and i missed all the good stuff here.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

damn i spent the last like five hours watching the last 2 episodes of stranger things (i feel like i just ran a marathon god damn that shit was long) and i missed all the good stuff.

I am gonna watch it in like 5 parts whenever that happens. 

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Here is the honest truth about Disney/Pixar and their path forward.  I was one of the first that saw the kiss scene in Lightyear and said it was super harmless, sweet, loving and anyone who had an issue with it was an idiot.  

With that said, for movies and shows targeted at young children, including scenes of representation in every project is going to be a losing strategy overall for Disney.  At the end of the day, even parents that are completely supportive and comfortable with LGBTQ+ representation and gay rights just want to have their kids watch a movie that entertains and doesn't stir controversy every time you want to turn on something new.  The argument is valid that the fact that it is even "controversy" is the problem, but the reality is that people just want to be entertained.  

All that works great for adult skewing stuff like Doctor Strange: MoM and similar, but it is just going to tank projects like Lightyear and Baymax.  

I think there's something to this even tho people will feel ofended if we raise this. 

Edited by Juan Caballo

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

damn i spent the last like five hours watching the last 2 episodes of stranger things (i feel like i just ran a marathon god damn that shit was long) and i missed all the good stuff here.

I spent my time during work watching the last 2 episodes. Shitty show, but gonna be doing this again for season 5.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Top Gun maybe 27-28M 

Elvis 25M or so 

Black Phone maybe 14-15M 

Wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up a bit bigger, since it's early numbers

If that $7m TGM holds, it will be closer to the low 30s. Hope TBP goes up

• Like 1