Eric is Anxious

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am gonna watch it in like 5 parts whenever that happens. 

I finally started the new season last night. Cannot believe the first two episodes were 1:20 and it only gets longer.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I finally started the new season last night. Cannot believe the first two episodes were 1:20 and it only gets longer.

i will say i had no problem with the episode lengths until the finale decided it needed to be as long as the shawshank redemption. even peter jackson is gonna be at home watching this shit saying "ok wrap it up"

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I spent my time during work watching the last 2 episodes. Shitty show, but gonna be doing this again for season 5.

Wait...there's another season after this? I thought this was the last season, which is why they made these episodes super long. That's dumb!

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i will say i had no problem with the episode lengths until the finale decided it needed to be as long as the shawshank redemption. even peter jackson is gonna be at home watching this shit saying "ok wrap it up"

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The final episode being over 2 and half hours is fucking bananas. 

I already have to get through Dominion tonight, god help me if i watch any Stranger Things tonight :gold: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Would have made more sense if it had a global simultaneous theatrical screening before it hit Netflix 

Considering how sky high the hype is I could see it doing big business.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

The whole trend of teenage boys showing up to Minions in full suits/tuxes isn’t just an internet thing. Our 10:30PM show last night had fucking 70+ people, 95% of which were high school/college age males in suits.

Man, so me being clueless about meme culture is the real reason I f'ed up this weekend...

Although good on Minions for getting someone to create whatever meme made this happen - it didn't work for Morbius, but apparently, they didn't try hard enough:).

12 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm seeing some pretty crazy numbers for TG2.  For now I'll put a range from $7.5m - $8.25m

So the patriotic thing is real after all. 

I'm astonished at how well Minions is performing. I know Despicable Me 3 had really long legs and all, but I really thought with that film's drop-off from Despicable Me 2 and the first Minions that we were looking at a brand headed for diminishing returns. The big drops for other Illumination sequels in the interim (specifically, Secret Life of Pets 2 and Sing 2, though the latter has Omicron as an extenuating circumstance) also seemed to point in that direction. Apparently not.

I've gotta say, I definitely rolled my eyes at Paramount and Universal for holding onto Top Gun and Minions for two years after their canceled summer 2020 releases, but they've both come out the other side wildly successful.

• Like 1

Just finished Stranger Things and that last episode is fantastic. 

On the topic of Top Gun Maverick I’ve been getting social media ads today and yesteday to “see it this July 4th weekend”.

Dear Paramount UK, July 4th isn’t a thing here. It’s a Monday lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm astonished at how well Minions is performing. I know Despicable Me 3 had really long legs and all, but I really thought with that film's drop-off from Despicable Me 2 and the first Minions that we were looking at a brand headed for diminishing returns. The big drops for other Illumination sequels in the interim (specifically, Secret Life of Pets 2 and Sing 2, though the latter has Omicron as an extenuating circumstance) also seemed to point in that direction. Apparently not.

I've gotta say, I definitely rolled my eyes at Paramount and Universal for holding onto Top Gun and Minions for two years after their canceled summer 2020 releases, but they've both come out the other side wildly successful.

Top Gun’s new date is way better. It’s original date wouldn’t have given it Memorial Day and Father’s Day 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Just finished Stranger Things and that last episode is fantastic. 

On the topic of Top Gun Maverick I’ve been getting social media ads today and yesteday to “see it this July 4th weekend”.

Dear Paramount UK, July 4th isn’t a thing here. It’s a Monday lol. 

You guys don’t celebrate Lose Your Most Important Colony Day?

• Haha 1