charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

32 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Not sure what people are on about, 300 is locked.

has always been but you know BOT. Panickers think second weekend [drop] is the end of the boxoffice. Always forget about stabilization that follows. 

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

He's gone from the forum for 2 months, why not just drop EC from all discussions until then? I haven't been around in a while but this forum never had this much drama when I was around stanning JW and Alita.

OrdinaryWeakBichonfrise-size_restricted.

Spoiler

FWIW I assume the mods will eventually shut it down but it's still moderately fresh from happening.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Not sure what people are on about, 300 is locked.

I mean considering how disastrous today's Wednesday number is looking, we're probably only getting like, what, a 41M weekend? That's already a gargantuan 72% drop. By the 10-day, we're likely getting 219M. Following Doctor Strange 2 takes us all the way to 307.6M. Week 3 will also be another gargantuan drop for the film because it'll lose all its PLFs to Nope, and pretty much everything drops like a rock when they lose their PLFs. Plus reception is worse than Strange 2, so even with zero competition, nobody will want to see it or will just wait for it to be on Disney+ on September 9. It's a real "everything goes wrong" situation, sure. But sub-300 really isn't that crazy since there's really nothing going for this movie at the moment.

• Like 5

300m is locked .

Should be at 187m by end of thur 

BW multi onwards get it to 325m but I could leg abit worse than BW .

310-330m final. 

Under ragnarok both WW - china and Dom is on the table.

If we number holds

8m

12.8/41.9m (-71%)

It's  morbin' time

Edited by Liiviig 1998

16 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

I mean considering how disastrous today's Wednesday number is looking, we're probably only getting like, what, a 41M weekend? That's already a gargantuan 72% drop. By the 10-day, we're likely getting 219M. Following Doctor Strange 2 takes us all the way to 307.6M. Week 3 will also be another gargantuan drop for the film because it'll lose all its PLFs to Nope, and pretty much everything drops like a rock when they lose their PLFs. Plus reception is worse than Strange 2, so even with zero competition, nobody will want to see it or will just wait for it to be on Disney+ on September 9. It's a real "everything goes wrong" situation, sure. But sub-300 really isn't that crazy since there's really nothing going for this movie at the moment.

Is WOM worse than Multiverse of Madness? In my circles at least its certainly the opposite, but hearsay is obviously not a measurable metric. 

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Is WOM worse than Multiverse of Madness? In my circles at least its certainly the opposite, but hearsay is obviously not a measurable metric. 

Anecdotal yes, but on my social media timeline, Strange 2, while full of dissenting opinions, definitely had some supporters around me, especially Raimi fans. I don't see any vouching for Love and Thunder around me, even from the Taika fans I follow. Plus L&T was the first time I ever saw my dad say he disliked a Marvel movie (granted he hasn't seen Eternals yet). And he likes anything with sci-fi or fantasy stuff in it.

And even outside of that, Strange 2's RT Verified score is 85%, while L&T is already down to 80%. Posttrak has Strange 2 had four stars, while L&T is 3.5 stars. It's not looking good at all here.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

All this may work if both MoM and Thor shared same calendar setting. Summer 2nd weekend drops are supposed to look harsher than any other time around because weekdays are doing are as good as half weekends. 

The comparison for Thor 4 are Black Widow and Far From Home. 

• Like 1

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Again, it's difficult to judge beyond my circle, but I've found people that liked MoM more than the usual MCU movie dislike L&T and vice-versa. Probably just the company I keep, but I think it's a phenomenon worth considering with the lack of clear direction for Phase 4 and the overall dilution of the brand with the overabundance of product - we're potentially seeing more definitive breaks between the different niches, with less overlap than before. Still massive numbers for each product in its own right, but maybe not quite the same people for all of these releases.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

All this may work if both MoM and Thor shared same calendar setting. Summer 2nd weekend drops are supposed to look harsher than any other time around because weekdays are doing are as good as half weekends. 

The comparison for Thor 4 are Black Widow and Far From Home. 

Given BW's Premier Plus release, that comparison is probably a bit dicey as well, though.

• Like 1

Speaking of non-MCU fanbases with toxic fanbases and long Box Office Mojo histories, I thought the new Lord of the Rings trailer today kicked ass. And I thought the first teaser looked dogshit, so that's a big turnaround. I've gone from skeptical to cautiously optimistic.

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yes I think so . Think it's on par with eternals but poeple didn't care about that movie but thor is an OG avenger and coming off ragnarok, negative reactions seems more pronounced.