Maggie

NOPE Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: Nope 44, Thor 22.1, Minions 17.71, Crawdads 10.3, TGM 10

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there still hasn't been an R rated movie make $100mil+ since Bad Boys 3. crazy. hopefully bullet train gets there too.

Another interesting tidbit. No film has opened in the 60M range since Bad Boys 3. Either you're in the 50s or lower, or the 70s and higher. Only one I can think of for this year that has a decent chance opening in the 60s is Black Adam, and even then I can see a "5" or "7" in front of it no problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I still don't get why Black Adam isn't opening on Labor Day Weekend

I'm more confused it didn't have the "first weekend of October" slot. It could have made mad bank the whole month, but now it'll be overshadowed by Black Panther after three weeks. I'm assuming it's a VFX thing or something, but it's still dumb.

• Like 1

@Blankments @Eric the Tethered

8x:

Nope (X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman, Men, Top Gun: Maverick, The Black Phone, Jurassic World: Dominion, Thor: Love and Thunder)

6x:

Bullet Train (The Northman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick, Jurassic World: Dominion, Thor: Love and Thunder, Nope)

5x:

Avatar: The Way of Water (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Jurassic World: Dominion, Thor: Love and Thunder, Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, Nope)

4x:

Thor: Love and Thunder (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick, Lightyear, Jurassic World: Dominion)

3x:

Don't Worry Darling (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Men, The Black Phone)

The Menu (Men, Crimes of the Future, The Black Phone)

Moonage Daydream (Crimes of the Future, Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, Nope)

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank (Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Top Gun: Maverick, Thor: Love and Thunder)

2x:

Beast (Thor: Love and Thunder, Nope)
Black Adam (Thor: Love and Thunder, Nope)

Bodies Bodies Bodies (Men, The Black Phone)

Fire of Love (Lightyear, Marcel the Shell with Shoes On)

Smile (Top Gun: Maverick, Nope)

Strange World (Lightyear, Thor: Love and Thunder)

1x:

Amsterdam (Thor: Love and Thunder)

Barbarian (The Black Phone)

Both Sides of the Blade (Lost Highway)

DC League of Super Pets (Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore)

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Jurassic World: Dominion)

Halloween Ends (Nope)

Honk for Jesus, Save Your Soul (Nope)

In Front of Your Face (Official Competition)

Oppenheimer (Nope)

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (Marcel the Shell with Shoes On)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

Three Colours Remaster (Lost Highway)

Till (Nope)

Vengeance (Crimes of the Future)

Where the Crawdads Sing (Marcel the Shell with Shoes On)

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

8x:

Nope (X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman, Men, Top Gun: Maverick, The Black Phone, Jurassic World: Dominion, Thor: Love and Thunder)

6x:

Bullet Train (The Northman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick, Jurassic World: Dominion, Thor: Love and Thunder, Nope)

5x:

Avatar: The Way of Water (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Jurassic World: Dominion, Thor: Love and Thunder, Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, Nope)

4x:

Thor: Love and Thunder (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick, Lightyear, Jurassic World: Dominion)

3x:

Don't Worry Darling (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Men, The Black Phone)

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank (Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Top Gun: Maverick, Thor: Love and Thunder)

2x:

1x:

Halloween Ends (Nope)

Oppenheimer (Nope)

Till (Nope)

I’ll get back to you tomorrow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric the Tethered said:

Another interesting tidbit. No film has opened in the 60M range since Bad Boys 3. Either you're in the 50s or lower, or the 70s and higher. Only one I can think of for this year that has a decent chance opening in the 60s is Black Adam, and even then I can see a "5" or "7" in front of it no problem.

I posted about that a couple weeks back, where since movies restarted, NTTD ($55.2) is actually the only opening in the $51-$70M range, with LY barely topping 50 at $50.6M. Meanwhile, Nope will be the 7th opening in the $40s, and 9th in $39-$51M range 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Bullet Train hype has not left the station. The marketing started too early and it ran out of stream. The entire campaign has been derailed. 

the one good thing about nope being delayed three weeks here is that i won't get the bullet train trailer before i see it. sick of that shit! i know they put out a second trailer but i still kept seeing that first one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

the one good thing about nope being delayed three weeks here is that i won't get the bullet train trailer before i see it. sick of that shit! i know they put out a second trailer but i still kept seeing that first one. 

If you can believe it, the second one is even worse and features sub Marvel CGI. I have gotten at least one of them at every movie in 2022. 

I was hyped about Bullet Train when it was just a good cast and rumored good test screenings. Then they released footage!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Bullet Train hype has not left the station. The marketing started too early and it ran out of stream. The entire campaign has been derailed. 

I doubt it will bomb. its an entertaining action movie with great star cast. Quick check in presales and it has started well. Plus it has no built in fan base and so I expect real action to start once reviews are out and I am expecting very good reviews for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt it will bomb. its an entertaining action movie with great star cast. Quick check in presales and it has started well. Plus it has no built in fan base and so I expect real action to start once reviews are out and I am expecting very good reviews for it. 

I think it will be totally fine, I just liked all the train puns.

Do hate the trailer though.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

8x:

6x:

5x:

4x:

3x:

2x:

1x:

Halloween Ends (Nope)

Oppenheimer (Nope)

Till (Nope)

there's still a week left in July lol I'm not sending any trailer updates until Superpets is finally out

• Sad 1

Non-IP original top 10 highest grossing films post COVID update: (live action)

1. Free Guy- 121.6m

2. The Lost City- 105.3m

3. Everything Everywhere- 68m

4. Dog- 61.7m

5. Tenet- 58.5m

6. The Northman- 34.2m

7. Nobody- 27.5m

8. Unhinged- 20.8m

9. Moonfall- 19m

10. Licorice Pizza- 17.3m

Nope will be 6th after this weekend. Multiplier similar to Us would put it around 110m

TBD: Easter Sunday, Bodies Bodies Bodies, Fall, Beast, The Invitation, Three Thousand Years of Longing, Barbarian, The Woman King, See How They Run, Don't Worry Darling, Bros, Smile, Ticket To Paradise, Banshees of Inisherin, Amsterdam (true story?), The Menu, The Fabelmans, Violent Night, Empire of Light, Babylon

(Excluded Massive Talent, Elvis, book adaptations etc)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Non-IP original top 10 highest grossing films post COVID update: (live action)

1. Free Guy- 121.6m

2. The Lost City- 105.3m

3. Everything Everywhere- 68m

4. Dog- 61.7m

5. Tenet- 58.5m

6. The Northman- 34.2m

7. Nobody- 27.5m

8. Unhinged- 20.8m

9. Moonfall- 19m

10. Licorice Pizza- 17.3m

Nope will be 6th after this weekend. Multiplier similar to Us would put it around 110m

TBD: Easter Sunday, Bodies Bodies Bodies, Fall, Beast, The Invitation, Three Thousand Years of Longing, Barbarian, The Woman King, See How They Run, Don't Worry Darling, Bros, Smile, Ticket To Paradise, Banshees of Inisherin, Amsterdam (true story?), The Menu, The Fabelmans, Violent Night, Empire of Light, Babylon

(Excluded Massive Talent, Elvis, book adaptations etc)

Man, Free Guy was a beast