Maggie

NOPE Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: Nope 44, Thor 22.1, Minions 17.71, Crawdads 10.3, TGM 10

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

the one good thing about nope being delayed three weeks here is that i won't get the bullet train trailer before i see it. sick of that shit! i know they put out a second trailer but i still kept seeing that first one. 

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

If you can believe it, the second one is even worse and features sub Marvel CGI. I have gotten at least one of them at every movie in 2022. 

I was hyped about Bullet Train when it was just a good cast and rumored good test screenings. Then they released footage!

Of all things, my big trailer stalker over the past few weeks has been Super Pets. Three of the last five movies I have gone to had that trailer play. And it isn't even like kids movies, where it makes sense. I'm getting it at stuff like Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, where the olds just watch in silence. It's gonna be great to not see that dog fling Lois Lane into the ocean again.

B isn’t good, even for horror. It’s not especially bad like it would be for blockbuster or kid though. Pretty medium.    

Expecting 2.5-2.7ish given summer weekdays and amount of th frontloading.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I still think it can get a similar multiplier (2.46). Old got 2.86 last July (different context of course, but still) and Candyman had 2.78

On the other hand, it's going to be around for a while due to how rough the schedule looks to be after Bullet Train until at least The Woman King so I wouldn't rule out reaching the high end of those multipliers. It's a shame after Candyman and especially (even if it had the Marvel brand) Shang-Chi made plenty of money during the historically dead final two weeks of summer that it's back to business as usual.

48 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

This was a bad Summer aside from Top Gun.   A real lack of depth.  The Summer slate any better next year?

Next year will see a lot of 2022 delayed projects, should be a summer with more depth I feel. Might be projects with lower ceilings, but higher floors as well.

5 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I'm hoping for 50 for Nope. 40s is still good, though. Audience WOM will be awful. I actually think worse than Us. I'm mixed on the movie and I could feel the theater being constantly bored by it.

I don't really understand when people say this stuff, are theaters in the US or whatever just really loud? Even in blockbusters I feel like I usually don't get much noise, with the film playing it's rare for me to notice if the theater is engaged or not. But I often see people talking about how their theater was bored or whatever, which at most I'd notice at the end (or during trailers), but even then just if the film is getting chatter or not. Idk, maybe its just me though.