Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

WB should have kept Shazam on the schedule regardless of how Avatar performs. There's definitely room for another high profile release. Especially as Shazam 2 is now going to get released amidst a DC reboot.

My understanding though was that the delay was due to the post production backlog. They just couldn't get things out in time.

I know it means very little in the grand scheme of things (more so as i'm in the UK and not the US), but i have had a tab open for 6 days now with my local Vue multiplex. And there are 32 showings on Friday and Saturday, and 30 on Sunday. Anyway all week the 3D showing have been pretty full, to almost booked out barring a few seats right at the front. The 2D showing though have been sparse all week. 10-15 booking on average per 2D show all week. Now today most of those showings have doubled, with a couple of the early evening 2D showings nearly full like the 3D showings.

I'm only mentioning this because maybe there are going to be a lot of walk ups or late bookings. Again i'm in the UK but dont see why it couldnt be similar in the US, or anywhere really.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Rank your top 3 Cameron movies...

Everybody's top 3 will probably be different.

Mine can actually change quite a lot depending on my mood, i ,mean i love all his movies to be honest.

1. ALIENS

2. The Abyss

3. AVATAR

Again the films can change depending on mood, although ALIENS is always top, and has been since i saw it as a kid lol.

• Like 2

I’m back.

ATLA Book 2

ATLA Book 3

Korra 3

ATLA 1

Korra 1

The rest of Korra IDK

Unfortunately this forum remains one of the all time most cancerous mobile experiences. An ad every two posts, plus massive top and bottom banner ads? And not just ads but highly animated ads. Can I at least change the popcorn background in settings somewhere? 

Edited by Travod
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Rank your top 3 Cameron movies...

Everybody's top 3 will probably be different.

T2

Titanic 

Aliens

Depending on the day it could switch but it’s generally some combination of those three.

42 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Can't believe that the sequel to the biggest movie of all time is struggling for a pathetic 16m preview and 130m OW. Cameron should retire, he's clearly lost the touch.

Schooled GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

In hindsight, Warner probably should have kept Shazam in the December 2022 slot since Avatar 2 isn't the scene stealer Disney wanted it to be.

With the amount of screens A2 is getting?  It was absolutely the right decision.

It's not just dollars, but real estate, and A2 is absolutely gobbling up all the screens it can.  And not just because of runtime, but because of having extra screens devoted to 3D (or, if one prefers, adding more 2D screens for the plebs who are demanding it with their wallets).

Now A3?  That's all gonna be down to the legs, as I do agree with @stuart360 that there's a lot of premature spiking of the football goin' on in this thread.