Eric Quinn

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

Great hold for VN ! I went to my Avatar 2's Dolby 3D showing on Friday with a group of friends, only to have my friend's girlfriend requested me to "surrender" my seat to her cause she decided to join the group last minute.  I went to VN instead after my seat was taken but turns out that is a enjoyable film. Hope the movie leg out well from here to $50m, we need more action comedy for BO market.

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Does anyone think that A2 can go as high as 40M+ today for an OW DOM that approaches 140M~?

Doubtful that it will fall only 10% or so. Estimated OW s 135m, it could change by 1-2m but 5m change seems too much to achieve

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

won it four years ago don’t forget! 

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

He's already won a world cup though. Even scored in the final

I’m Brazilian. I keep forgetting that the 2018’s World Cup happened. We are all still stuck at that 7x1 against Germany. It’s Groundhog Day over here. 

2 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I’m Brazilian. I keep forgetting that the 2018’s World Cup happened. We are all still stuck at that 7x1 against Germany. It’s Groundhog Day over here. 

that was 2014 don’t forget! 
think you went out to Belgium in 2018. 

That 7-1 was incredible. I watched that in the ESPN bar in Disney World as was on vacation and fans were crying in there when the fourth went in. 

24 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I don’t know??

Maybe the entire fracturing of all the multiverses??  Barriers breaking down between them. Destruction of others.

They didn't Actually tell or show anything about how some people coming here would destroy the Multiverse. 

• Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I love seeing Brazil and England faceplant the last few WC. Warms my heart. Germany too.

FWIW, not even most of Brazilians like Neymar. Dude is a fucking idiot. We have a major issue for at least one decade now that isn’t  the defensive players or the forwards, it’s the midfield. D’Alessandro (Argentinian player, Messi’s contemporary) was for at least one decade our best midfield player in activity in Brazil, but unfortunately retired this year. Argentina and France both easily had the best teams, and while I’d argue that it was unfair that Croatia won from either Brazil or Marrocos, the best two teams made it to the finals. The silver lining is that Argentina would absolutely crush Brazil if we made it to the quarters, and I’m not sure we would be able to survive another 7x1. France is being humiliated right now. Mbappe is rightfully pissed lol.

• Like 1

Can Puss and Boots somehow push to 200M+ DOM with the holiday season boost?

Will Babylon break out for adult aimed fare and get to something like 30M+ DOM?

Will Cameron beg Cruise to replace Worhlessington in A3 once his film fails to top TGM DOM? Should he do it regardless just for the 80s team up angle?

Did Winslet and others in the A2 cast study Chet Hanks Jamaican accent mishap that went viral to get their voices down for A2? If so, will there be a cool behind the scenes in which Chet is training the cast how to master the dialect? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alligator Zatt said:

FWIW, not even most of Brazilians like Neymar. Dude is a fucking idiot. We have a major issue for at least one decade now that isn’t  the defensive players or the forwards, it’s the midfield. D’Alessandro (Argentinian player, Messi’s contemporary) was for at least one decade our best midfield player in activity in Brazil, but unfortunately retired this year. Argentina and France both easily had the best teams, and while I’d argue that it was unfair that Croatia won from either Brazil or Marrocos, the best two teams made it to the finals. The silver lining is that Argentina would absolutely crush Brazil if we made it to the quarters, and I’m not sure we would be able to survive another 7x1. France is being humiliated right now. Mbappe is rightfully pissed lol.

Yeah... May have came across wrong... I just watching the favorites fail. Pulling for Argentina here just because I assume France was/is the favorite.

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah... May have came across wrong... I just watching the favorites fail. Pulling for Argentina here just because I assume France was/is the favorite.

Nah, it’s all good. We are all well aware of our fame, and not proud one bit. Not sure when we will have an actual great team btw. It doesn’t look like it will be anytime soon. Neymar’s best years are long behind him, and I have a theory that he should have played the World Cup in 2010. Back then, he truly was the best player in the world. His prime was way before he was 18, it was all downhill from there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Does anyone think that A2 can go as high as 40M+ today for an OW DOM that approaches 140M~?

That's probably a bit high, but I won't be surprised with a very good Sunday hold (under -20%)

Working for it: WOM is good (but not great), PLF demand being pushed forward, and generally weaker late shows (which is where the biggest drop from Sat to Sun is, and coincidentally probably a good part of the reason Sat looks to be up so much from Fri)

Working against it: a little early in the calendar (lots of schools still open Mon), and not much 3D/2D demand being rolled forward, and running time

• Like 2

this 460M budget is really bad. If you add at least 200M of P&A this really needs 1.3-1.4B to be a success. In my opinion 2B are on the way (and this movir wil have bigger home video sales than usually) but I'm scared even with a great hold of 1.5B for the third movie the saga could be at risk. 

• Like 1