kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

Watched an 11am showing of Book Club 2. There were about 15 people total in attendance and I was easily the youngest person there even though I am a fossil by BOT standards.

While not as funny as the first one, it's still a charming film that doubles as a tourism ad for Italy. The film's target audience will certainly enjoy it if they venture to the theaters to see it. Mother's Day business should be solid and probably higher than Friday's gross.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What's the sat inc/sun drop you are expecting?

FRI at ~15.5M would be 119% jump [vs 111% for MOM] 

I´m expecting it to keep a tad better than MOM for the whole weekend instead of FRI comparisson being an outlier, so 60% jump on SAT [vs 54% for MOM] and 25% drop on SUN [vs 31% for MOM]

That would be around 15.5 FRI / 24.8 SAT / 18.6M SUN and ~59M weekend [51% drop]

iirc EC and Charlie said they expect +60M with a 15-ish FRI so let´s see. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

NOT griping at the number, but the shift in tone the last couple of hours, harkens back to Monday / Tuesday when there was some warning about lower Friday due to the weekdays making up the difference somewhat. All the unneeded hoopla about under 50% drop is going to make this seem "disappointing" in true BOT fashion 🤣 (it won't be by any stretch, just cracks me up.) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

NOT griping at the number, but the shift in tone the last couple of hours, harkens back to Monday / Tuesday when there was some warning about lower Friday due to the weekdays making up the difference somewhat. All the unneeded hoopla about under 50% drop is going to make this seem "disappointing" in true BOT fashion 🤣 (it won't be by any stretch, just cracks me up.) 

its going to have the best hold of any MCU sequel in a long time. Of course the start last week was slightly soft but dont forget MCU has a mature fanbase who want to watch it early to avoid spoiler. So the drop so soft is impressive considering Wakanda had normal hold and even Civil War back in 2016 had ok hold. 

• Like 8

It's just possible that GotG3 is more of a weekday movie. Having good holds on weekdays does not always translate to a better weekend. I learned this in 2016 back when Finding Dory was releasing. Comparing that movie's weekdays to Toy Story 3, one could have expected a much better second weekend to the tune of $90m, but it ended up landing a little over $70m. And the following weeks were the same. Strong weekdays, average (relatively speaking) weekends. In the end, GotG 3 might end up dropping just like its predecessors (around 55%) but with comparatively stronger weekdays for whatever reason.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its going to have the best hold of any MCU sequel in a long time. Of course the start last week was slightly soft but dont forget MCU has a mature fanbase who want to watch it early to avoid spoiler. So the drop so soft is impressive considering Wakanda had normal hold and even Civil War back in 2016 had ok hold. 

Oh definitely not complaining, and having watched it tonight with my wife (only one in theaters besides WF since Shang-Chi), I can totally understand and agree with the positive wom. 

Just finding the irony a bit in BOT being BOT. After all these years, its still part of what I love about this place. I really do hope it hits 60m. 

And as always, thanks to those of you who keep us informed. I remember the good ol' days when we had to wait for mid-Saturday morning for reports to start coming in (if not later in the day.) 

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

To be fair, 15.5M is still enough to a sub 50% drop, if it didn´t get there [like i´m expecting], it will be close 

No need to be disappointed with it at all, at least i hope no one is 

• Like 2

I've been drowning in work this week so I've totally missed the midweek numbers. Arrive on the forum to see GOTG3 is on track for a 2nd weekend drop a shade over 50%...

Me:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Jewish GIF

Forum:

Young Sheldon Reaction GIF by CBS

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

56 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Para ser justos, 15.5M todavía es suficiente para una caída inferior al 50%, si no llegó allí [como esperaba], estará cerca 

No hay necesidad de estar decepcionado con eso en absoluto, al menos espero que nadie lo esté 

Quantumania - $32M 2nd weekend / $8,3M friday = x3.83

GOTGVol3 - $15M friday = $57M+

$15,5M friday = $59M+

$16M friday = $61M+

• Like 1

Still looking at likely sub 50%, even 51% is the best mcu hold since BP1 and best for mcu sequel ever. Great weekend and expecting continued recovery in the next few.

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Still looking at likely sub 50%, even 51% is the best mcu hold since BP1 and best for mcu sequel ever. Great weekend and expecting continued recovery in the next few.

32-35M third weekend possible?