kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

3 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

So Spiderverse had some creative jokes that got some decent laughs out of me but the funniest thing all night was when they showed a trailer for Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken and after the trailer ended someone in the audience shouted out "I am NOT gonna be watching that!" I almost choked on my water holding in the laugh.

Conversely, in my showing, THIS was the trailer that got the most positive reaction out of the audience…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Great to see ATSV doing well. Just finished my screening and it's fantastic.

Did have a bit of trouble with the audio in the opening scene though.

Seems like everybody did. I had to pay really close attention to what Steinfeld was saying lol.

I also couldn't understand half the fucking dialogue with Hobie/Spiderpunk. I guess I'm too "American" or something.

Edited by Austin

Saturday bumps feel muted across the board. $37.5m for ATS is definitely on the lower side. And $15.75m would be a pretty bad jump for TLM, barely over 30%.

Maybe school holidays started earlier this year than usual in parts of the country?

29 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

why do people like these movies so much. 

I didn’t really enjoy the first spiderverse, the animation style gave me a huge headache and I thought the movie was just fine. I know I’m in a very small minority so I tend to try and not talk about stuff I’m not really interested in, it’s nice seeing people enjoy things so I normally just stay out of those threads/discussions if I don’t have anything to add. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Eevin said:

anyone else get a trailer for that gran turismo thing in their showing? heard people having a good chuckle in my theater over that one

They same "gamer" in that trailer like they're hurling a racial slur

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

why do people like these movies so much. 

The chart topping music, the meloncholy, the action, the character design, the animation style, the humor, the voice acting, the clever storytelling, the thrills, the themes, the novelty, the dialogue, the Spider-man mythos, the setting, the resemblance to a comic, the representation, the oscar worthy execution, the heart, etc.

It's really odd none of this struck a cord with you.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, TMP said:

They same "gamer" in that trailer like they're hurling a racial slur

Well gamers have been persecuted and ostracized in the society we live in. Maybe gamers should rise up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Mine would be similar just ASM2 at the bottom. 

What puts it over FFH for me is just how damn pretty the movie is, unlike a lot of MCU films, you can see the money on the screen. Plus its got my favorite on screen spidey suit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

What puts it over FFH for me is just how damn pretty the movie is, unlike a lot of MCU films, you can see the money on the screen. Plus its got my favorite on screen spidey suit.

Yeah for all of TASM 2 issues it’s a lovely looking movie. Dan Mindel brought his a-game.

• Like 1