ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

80% second weekend drop is very likely happening, sub 1.5x definitely not happening

Second weekend is gonna be like 5.5-7 ish from my guess. 

idk, the few examples of 80%s are all unknown movies that lost almost all of their showtimes, feel like just being available will be enough to keep it from 80%, not saying no to 75%, though 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Happy October! @Eric Quinn @WrathOfHan

7x:

Speak No Evil: I Saw the TV Glow, Longlegs, Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Oddity, Trap, Strange Darling, Blink Twice

5x:

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 2: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Bikeriders, The Watchers, Fly Me to the Moon, Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1

The Wild Robot: One Life, Luca Round 3, Kung Fu Panda 4 3D, Inside Out 2,

Mufasa: The Lion King: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Inside Out 2 Round 0, Inside Out 2, Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Twisters 4DX

Joker: Folie à Deux: Trap, Strange Darling, Blink Twice, Speak No Evil, The Substance

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Wicked: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4, Twisters 4DX

Smile 2: Longlegs, Saw, Oddity, The Substance

3x:

Moana 2: Inside Out 2 Round 0, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4

Transformers One: Inside Out 2 Round 0, Inside Out 2, Twisters 4DX

Nosferatu: Kinds of Kindness 35mm, Strange Darling, Blink Twice

A Real Pain: Oddity, Strange Darling, The Substance

2x:

The Fantastic Four: First Steps: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man

Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2

Piece by Piece: Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX, Despicable Me 4

Kraven the Hunter: Twisters 4DX, Speak No Evil

1x:

Elio: Elemental 3D

Wolfs: Fly Me to the Moon

Megalopolis: Longlegs

Afraid: Longlegs

Anora: Longlegs

Captain America: Brave New World: Deadpool & Wolverine UltraScreen DLX
Never Let Go: Oddity
Memoir of a Snail: Oddity
Flight Risk: Trap
Heretic: Trap
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: Despicable Me 4
Hit Pig: Despicable Me 4
Wildwood: Coraline Round 2 3D
A Different Man: Strange Darling
The Substance: Strange Darling
The Monkey: Strange Darling
God’s Not Dead: In God We Trust: Twisters 4DX
Super/Man: The Christopher Reeve Story: Twisters 4DX
A Complete Unknown: Blink Twice
My Old Ass: Blink Twice
F1: Speak No Evil
Gladiator II: Speak No Evil
Venom: The Last Dance: Speak No Evil
Wolf Man: The Substance
Terrifier 3: The Substance
Saturday Night: The Substance
Y2K: The Substance
Blitz: The Substance

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

idk, the few examples of 80%s are all unknown movies that lost almost all of their showtimes, feel like just being available will be enough to keep it from 80%, not saying no to 75%, though 

10.5M Sat from 13M Fri would be a worse drop than what Halloween Ends got. And that went on to drop 80%. 

Not sure it happens, but we have seen something similar in October before. Granted Ends streamed on Peacock. 

12 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

“D” Cinemascore. You have to try really hard to royally screw up with the Joker character. They should have called the producers & writers (Bruce Timm & Paul Dini) on the 1990’s Batman cartoon for some advice. Hell, maybe they should have asked Mark Hamill for some advice as well. 

Yet he’s been screwed up twice now in the last 10 years. Maybe they should try adapting the character and leave their changes for fan fic.

• Like 1

Whoever attribute Joker bomb as another evidence to CBM fatigue, after watching the movie, the movie itself actually prove the opposite. Joker 2019 show someone as ordinary and marginalised like Arthur can rise to join the superhero world, let it be protagonist or villain, and people got hyped. Not the other way round.  

Nobody wants to see a movie about an ordinary loser of the society.

Edited by titanic2187

I haven’t watched WWE regularly since the 2000s. Is the product any better now that McMahon is banished? I hear Triple H did some good stuff in the farm show they had but any time I tuned into Raw, the characters just never popped aside from a few like the guy who passed recently with the mask. (The fiend?)I miss the crazy gimmicks from the late 90s and the bad asses who didn’t give a fuck like Rock and Austin.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I want to remind everyone that Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, the sequel to Godzilla vs Kong,the movie that saved cinemas back in 2021 was made in 135 million.

It had Hollywood Hall of Famer Godzilla, Icon Kong, Mothra, Suko who can transform into a weapon, Your British Villain Skar King, Ice Turtle Puppy Mothra and lots of Destruction and spectacle under 135 million. 

Joker FAD, the movie with dancing, singing, court scenes, prison stuff and some apartments took 190 million to make.

Joker 2 looked amazing though, and had great performances.

On 10/4/2024 at 1:34 AM, Flopped said:

General audiences are idiots - see year's highest grossing live action "movie." 

I wouldn't use that word, but I am losing faith in the general audience more and more every year. Look at the top 10 highest grossing films in a calendar year from 30 years ago compared to today. I think the spirit of going into a cinema and letting a director and creative team take you on a journey for better or worse is just totally lost. People want a very particular formula from their movies, and any substantial deviation must be rejected.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

So did Joker 1 fans actually think the sequel was going to be Joaquin fighting Batman or something? :sadfleck:

One of the reasons the first did so well, people were curious. For the sequel, they at least expected him to be Joker.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I wouldn't use that word, but I am losing faith in the general audience more and more every year. Look at the top 10 highest grossing films in a calendar year from 30 years ago compared to today. I think the spirit of going into a cinema and letting a director and creative team take you on a journey for better or worse is just totally lost. People want a very particular formula from their movies, and any substantial deviation must be rejected.

I mean dune is a success. so is oppenheimer. even everything everywhere at once was a success. sure they might not have been top 5 grossers but they are successful. It's not like that audience have outrightly rejected everything. Also the audience which was watching movies 30 yrs ago has gotten older now. new audience likes different things. it'll remain like that in future too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

I mean dune is a success. so is oppenheimer. even everything everywhere at once was a success. sure they might not have been top 5 grossers but they are successful. It's not like that audience have outrightly rejected everything. Also the audience which was watching movies 30 yrs ago has gotten older now. new audience likes different things. it'll remain like that in future too. 

Dune Part II didn't push any boundaries for science fiction, and Oppenheimer was a fairly conventional biopic. Joker 2 is expanding what a comic book sequel can be. They are not the same.

• Haha 4
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

So did Joker 1 fans actually think the sequel was going to be Joaquin fighting Batman or something? :sadfleck:

Natural born killers ripoff or something.

And some people believe all the murders in the first movie are justified, nobody innocent was killed, so I guess they're going to be upset with Folie à deux

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Dune Part II didn't push any boundaries for science fiction, and Oppenheimer was a fairly conventional biopic. Joker 2 is expanding what a comic book sequel can be. They are not the same.

Only thing Joker 2 is expanding are the limits to how a big budget hyped movie can self combust into disaster of epic proportion.

• Like 3