ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

Another 0.5/5 Post Trak in two weeks?! 

Insane! 

Although, those people won’t be voting for the cinemascore. So I’m guessing F is out of the equation and it’ll be in the D range. 

What the hell am I going to see at 19.30 tonight lol

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

Another 0.5/5 Post Trak in two weeks?! 

Insane! 

Although, those people won’t be voting for the cinemascore. So I’m guessing F is out of the equation and it’ll be in the D range. 

What the hell am I going to see at 19.30 tonight lol

Just watch Wild Robot instead. You'll have the panache of watching the "last Dreamworks movie" (although I kinda think they'll produce in house again if it does well enough) and you'll be watching something vastly superior to Joker 2.

5 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

One small win for The Marvels is that it has higher audience scores compared to Joker everywhere despite being review bombed.

Having watched both in IMAX theaters, I can tell you Joker 2 is a far superior film. The issue is that it some people really hate some decisions made by filmmakers in this film; but in terms of cinematography and acting; they are not in the same league. 

The expectations for this is perhaps sky high because the first film was genuinely, IMO, a masterpiece.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

When the sequel new first broke out, I was totally disinterested knowing that it would be a typical lazy cash grab from studio just to capitalize the goodwill from the first movie and fit into some random wider DC universe. But knowing the movie is totally disregarding those conventional sequel rule, make me excited to watch the movie. Just how the hell a movie can get 0.5 star?? I need to see it myself to believe.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

And depending on if Superman next year gets rejected by non-fans like Transformers One, there's a very real chance it could remain the biggest DC movie of the decade for the foreseeable future.

Well, The Batman is a thing. And it has a sequel on the way.

• Heart 1

Speaking of turning into the Joker, dating is really hard lately. Gone out with an attractive woman a couple times lately, nice but kind of odd sometimes. Haven't talked much lately, she messages me out of the blue yesterday "Clay, I finally figured out who you remind me of! Both in facial structure and also vibes." I expect something vaguely insulting, like JD Vance or something like that. Instead, I get the last answer I would expect  - "21 Savage. You guys are both Libras too!" Mind you, she is being 100 percent serious and has sent me several texts about how much she believes this now. For the record, I am a 5'7 white Jewish man. And a Virgo, for whatever that counts. Anyway, that's my story as we wait for more numbers/Cinemascore.

• Haha 15

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Having watched both in IMAX theaters, I can tell you Joker 2 is a far superior film. The issue is that it some people really hate some decisions made by filmmakers in this film; but in terms of cinematography and acting; they are not in the same league. 

The expectations for this is perhaps sky high because the first film was genuinely, IMO, a masterpiece.

I can respect that but I disliked the first Joker so, I wasn't really into this one either way. The Captain Marvel movies entertain me in a silly way - I still think they botched that franchise big time when they gave the Skrull plotline a horrible spin-off show and a tiny refrence in the sequel.

“Or, wait, did PostTrak switch up the reports?: Lionsgate’s Helen Mirren movie White Bird received five stars last night! That feature take of R.J. Palacio’s novel, which is a sequel and prequel to Wonder, is only expected to make $2M this weekend on 1,018 theaters after a $275K Thursday night. Reviews for the movie stand at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes.”

5 stars for White Bird lol 

Joker 2 Box Office has restored the feeling, finally something exciting after Deadpool & Wolverine and Inside Out 2.

Only difference is that the question there was how high could they go, question here is his low can this go. 

And with Venom 3 to come.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Marvels record will still stand though as biggest drop off ever from 1 to 2. That was -$924m less than the first.

I actually don’t think that can ever be topped. Well, never say never 😅

We still have Mufasa coming out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1