Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

I'm guessing executives don't know what to do with this film. Disappointing. 

18 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Is new mutants really bad? Why do they keep pushing it back? :(

They seem to be hedging their bets on it arriving on Disney's streaming services or something. Either that, or it's not any good. 

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

My sympathies to anyone who is stanning for this film.

Still could turn out good, you know!

If you're going to delay it this much, what is the point of NOT entirely reshooting the film?

Anything less than an entirely new movie would seem like a waste of such a huge delay.

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

February or August, it's all the same for this now.

DP moving that close to Captain Marvel is more worrisome, especially as both are rumored to feature the Skrulls.

Hopefully it's another Quicksilver win for the X-men.

Now on the topic of The New Mutants, eh... Let's see what happens. I gotta say I'm really looking forward to the next trailer for this whenever it arrives. Comparing both trailers should be interesting.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

LMAO. And I thought Predators was a mess. 

Apparently, a user on superherohype mentioned few days ago that the movie is being pushed back to 2019 and today he says that another party is putting pressure to burn this thing all together or throw on some streaming service. Won't be shocked if this goes to netflix with a title change. Even Disney won't take this as it might tarnish their brand. 

I have a feeling that Kevin Feige is the other party. Fox/Disney must have consulted him and his reaction must be LOL worthy. Must have flipped a table or two. 

3 hours ago, Samarus said:

Looks like this time taking the risk didn't pay off for FOX.

I am pretty damn sure that they greenlit this movie around the same time as F4 was in post. That was supposed to be a body-horror cronenbergian movie. After they got that, they got shit scared and proceeded to destroy that movie thinking they are doing right. Now they got nervous after seeing the footage from this movie. This is what happens when you are being cheap and do not want to spend the money to do complex vfx/action. As a result, directors come up with such radical takes to do something unique. After they get that, they lost their shit and try to "fix" it but almost always fail as they collectively give up because it costs A LOT to fix. 

I can name several high profile movies in the last 3-4 years that have been fixed and turned out well, but the budget shot up like anything. 

Guys, Disney's new streaming service is explicitly for family-friendly movies, and no R or hard PG-13 content. Why would this hard PG-13, possibly R horror film be placed next to Winnie the Pooh and Lady and the Tramp?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Can we really trust some random person on a forum?

I don't know, but he kept giving info about the movie, to the point of saying last month that they would change almost everything. Now we get another delay.

I really don't want to believe, but he seems pretty much spot on so far He also said Josh Boone has got the boot.