99 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Prometheus

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Not in my 3D showing! 3D was breathtaking throughout. Easily some of the best live action 3D ever, imo. It wasn't the gimmicky pop out kind though, it was the more subtle Avatar kind that immersed you in the world. I did see it in Imax though.

When our show finished last night, we went up stairs to check the projector to make sure it wasn't messed up somehow. That's how insignificant it was. Did you by chance see Tron:Legacy in 3D? This reminded us of watching that and being completely underwhelmed with the 3D.

Disaster of epic proportions. Ridley scott has failed in evry possible way. It is a complete rehash of Alien. The setup, storyline and everything is a rehash of Alien. While Alien was a great movie, Prometheus is a shitfest at best.

F

On Facebook you gave it a 10/10

Yeah, that is for a bet with a friend of mine :lol: What I wrote is just RT consensus translated to portuguese :PHe said the movie would suck, and I told him that I was 100% sure that was going to be a masterpiece. Guess I was wrong :lol: I hope he doesn't come to this Forum :ph34r: Edited by CJohn

GRADE B +Visually amazing, the atmosphere was good. I felt it answered all the questions I original had from the original Alien film. Who is this corporation that sent Ripley originally off course. Who is that dead space jockey carrying all those eggs. I don't know why he felt the need to tie in the whole Existence of the human race origins, I felt that wasn't even needed. I guess Niamoi Rice is the new Ripley. Overall I have to watch it again cause there were parts I was trying to analyze. Mark my words, this is "Blade Runner" all over again, 20 years from now they will be talking about how great the movie is when Ridley is dead and gone.

While it is not good as Alien. The film starts out good but I did care for the ending but the last scene was cool. The film does not really answer an questions. The visual effects are good the sets where good same goes with the score and the acting. Overall the film is good but could have been much better. I want to see cut footage to see if makes the film better, Why did David

kill charlie or put the black thing in his drink

6.5/10

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I think this is getting WAYYYYYY too much hate. The effects and cinematography alone deserve an A. Simply phenomenal. The in your face action stuff was great, especially the alien-esque sequences. If you don't try to compare it to Alien, it's a good stand alone movie. The cast was great (especially Rapace and Fassy)A-/B+ (Same grade as Alien)

Edited by acsc1312
  • Like 1

I liked the first half of the film; great pacing, interesting story, some nice interplay among the cast, excellent visual effects. But once the movie shifts into horror territory I rapidly lost interest. The characters start acting like complete morons and it's hard to understand or even care about their behavior and motivations. I had a bit of an argument with my brother who enjoyed the film more than I did about this, and I recognize that scientists sometimes do reckless things in real life in hopes of making a great discovery, but it just doesn't make for an engaging story or relatable characters. The surgery scene was pretty badass, though.

I think the movie's ability to work for you really depends on how much you're willing to put the uninteresting characters aside and embrace the film's ideas. Personally, I couldn't.

C+

• Like 1

Disappointing. It's not terrible, it's not great, and the coolest part was the end (with the Alien). It's nowhere near as good as the trailers made it out to be, the 3D was basically non-existent, and there were many parts that just dragged along.

Oh, and the score was awful and did not fit in with the tone of the movie.

If you have not watched this and have not decided if you want to or not, I would recommend against it.

C

Edited by Cheesy Poofs

Easily the best film of the year thus far. The acting is stellar, the visuals are some of the best I've ever seen (especially on such a modest budget), and the pacing is just as come-from-behind as Alien's. I will be shocked if any film comes out this year more deserving of the VFX and Art Direction Oscars.The script does have some flaws, but on the whole the dialogue is realistic. The plot is not as incomprehensible as many are making it out to be; there are some unanswered questions that would be interesting to see answered, but in general they lend the film a sense of mystery that fits beautifully with the characters' futile search for meaning. The photography is also great; many of the movie's thrills (despite the bizarre claims that there is "zero horror" in this movie) come from brilliant sexual imagery.A, 9/10EDIT: Oops, forgot to mention the score. It was great.

Edited by Sims

Prometheus

3:45PM

About 60% full. I don't think there was ANYONE under the age of 25.

Trailers:

The Watch: Probably the best of the trailers. Looks really funny, actually the funniest looking film this Summer. Tons of laughs.

Django: Looks good. Talking and some "Woos!"

Savages: (Forgot about this trailer!): Looks bleh, not sure what to say.

Frankenweenie: Actaully this was the best trailer! Yes very out of place, but still got some laughs.

Great Gasby: What the heck is this doing here and why is this in 3D? Looks meh to me outside of the costumes.

Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter: Looks dumb, then again what are you expecting with a film called this? Laughs at the title.

Life of Pi: Odd teaser. At first people thought this was a short film (came after the theater intro). Not sure what to think about this.

Movie: Pretty good. Kind of slow moving at times. Though the acting was good. Was not sure if Fassbender was good or bad till the ending. I pretty much figured that Guy Pearce was Charlize Theron's dad. The story was okay, but I still liked it. The visuals were amazing. Hobbit has a contender. Audience did enjoy it. The 3D, was just there. Not the worse but not the best.

A-

Disappointing. The opening is slow and builds no tension whatsoever. Acting is mostly good but most of the characters are little more than standard slasher fare. Middle is the best but the last twenty minutes are utterly horrific. Character motivations and logic are thrown out the window and the plot becomes more than a little lame.The technical aspects were outstanding. The effects are fantastic and the movie is gorgeous. Score was surprisingly lovely.6/10.

I agree with this 100%. Gorgeous looking film, but in the end too many stupid decisions by supposedly brilliant people.6.5/10

Here's what I hate: movies that start really promisingly and get your hopes up for something genuinely special - incredible visuals, intriguing ideas being set up, a director you know has the capacity for greatness - then gets progressively worse and worse from that point on. This is the definition of that type of movie.Fuck this movie.3/10

• Like 3

So I finally saw this last night and I absolutely loved it. Visually, its the most beautiful film since Avatar (Inception and Rise of the Apes don't got shit on this) and the score is amazing. This movie was obviously a set up to a new franchise, there are a lot of unanswered questions that are clearly not mistakes or shitty writing. They could easily do 2 more films to this before we get to Alien and thats even if they decide to take it in that direction. The ending was awesome, and holy fuck I love Noomi Rapace... hope she gets more gigs. And yes, people going in expecting a direct prequel to Alien or wanted more Xenomorphs are going to be pissed off, but fuck them... theres no reason to cover ground thats already been covered. James Cameron didn't even try to do that with Aliens entirely.If you haven't seen this yet, GO see it.A-

So I finally saw this last night and I absolutely loved it. Visually, its the most beautiful film since Avatar (Inception and Rise of the Apes don't got shit on this) and the score is amazing. This movie was obviously a set up to a new franchise, there are a lot of unanswered questions that are clearly not mistakes or shitty writing. They could easily do 2 more films to this before we get to Alien and thats even if they decide to take it in that direction. The ending was awesome, and holy fuck I love Noomi Rapace... hope she gets more gigs. And yes, people going in expecting a direct prequel to Alien or wanted more Xenomorphs are going to be pissed off, but fuck them... theres no reason to cover ground thats already been covered. James Cameron didn't even try to do that with Aliens entirely.If you haven't seen this yet, GO see it.A-

I'm glad you enjoyed the film, but how did you find the score to be amazing? I thought that it was terrible. Edited by Cheesy Poofs

I'm glad you enjoyed the film, but how did you find the score to be amazing? I thought that it was terrible.

I thought it just fit the atmosphere of the film perfectly. During the storm and the race back to the ship, I thought it was even haunting.
  • Like 1