Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

No, I'll just rant about it being a two-parter. :lol: 

Splitting into two parts make sense as the original novel's pretty long and the structure of the novel allows them to split it evenly with the kids in part 1 and adults in part 2.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Splitting into two parts make sense as the original novel's pretty long and the structure of the novel allows them to split it evenly with the kids in part 1 and adults in part 2.

Except (IMO, of course) the book is absurdly long and there's no particular need to be so rigorously faithful. And, of course, I'm increasingly against splitting up because in almost every case the movies don't do it very well. 

10 minutes ago, Harley said:

Looks great. Are we going to hear the same whine as with the others ..."but it's a remake...."

A remake (more like a new adaptation) which looks going to be great. Not a meeeh remake which does $500M+ DOM easily, kills the Life and fucks up competition. :)

• Like 1

That's what I'm talking about! That is a terrific trailer and it looks way better the TV movie. I have no problem with them splitting it up because the novel incredibly detailed and very very long. It looks creepy as hell and it's taking them 30 years but that is what IT should be all about.

• Like 11

I'm not a big horror guy at all, but that was creepy as hell. It may not have my attention yet, but it has my curiosity. 

Do yall remember all those stories last summer of clown sightings in neighborhoods scaring kids all over the country? Yeah that was started in my city. Creepy as shit. 

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's what I'm talking about! That is a terrific trailer and it looks way better the TV movie. I have no problem with them splitting it up because the novel incredibly detailed and very very long. It looks creepy as hell and it's taking them 30 years but that is what IT should be all about.

Warner Bros should move it up to take advantage of a lacklustre August but I think it'll thrive in September. $30m OW is the floor but I could see it doing as much as $40m if reviews are good. 

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Looks like 8 million views on Facebook within the first hour.

That's big for a horror trailer.

530,000 shares in two hours. That's insane. The record for a trailer is 1.2 million and that was Fast 8.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros should move it up to take advantage of a lacklustre August but I think it'll thrive in September. $30m OW is the floor but I could see it doing as much as $40m if reviews are good. 

They should move it to the date Don't Breathe thrived insist year. Studios are being really dumb this year with August 

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

The director will become the next big thing in hollywood after this movie does MASSIVE numbers worldwide. If reviews turn out to be solid it could end up outcrossing Get Out. 200+ DOM and 400+ ww won't shock me.

Calm right down.

I knew Split and Get Out would make people forget how horror films usually perform.