Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

It's weird to me, especially after the first trailer's success, that there's been so little movement (at least officially) on the second film. You'd think they would have cast and started shooting it by now to strike while the iron is hot. It's one big single story so it'd make sense to release them within about a year of each other rather than go for the usual 2-year sequel wait.

They are obviously waiting to see how well this movie does before getting started on making Part 2.

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

They are obviously waiting to see how well this movie does before getting started on making Part 2.

At this point the question isn't whether it's gonna be big or not, but exactly how big it's gonna be. The budget should be low enough anyway for it to make it back many times over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

It's weird to me, especially after the first trailer's success, that there's been so little movement (at least officially) on the second film. You'd think they would have cast and started shooting it by now to strike while the iron is hot. It's one big single story so it'd make sense to release them within about a year of each other rather than go for the usual 2-year sequel wait. 

Perhaps the actors they are courting for the adult roles are waiting to see how this is received before officially signing on. 

• Like 1

Thursday? I've already been spoiled anyway so I know two key parts in it from Collider Talk who saw it at SDCC. I'm excited to see these parts for myself though (and I won't spoil them for others who have not watched that interview). Heard it's great. Crossing my fingers that this film does not let me down.

The Pennywise clip they described (outside of the trailer) sounded good too and fit right with the dark tone that I want this to have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

It was back in March, right? I think this one is going to amp everyone up again from what I've heard. I get what you're saying though, I don't feel this has been hyped enough yet and only saw the trailer once this summer at theaters. But damn did it sound good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

They REALLY need to release a new trailer since the movie comes out 7 weeks from now.

people are hyped enough from the phenomenal first trailer. Fingers crossed new one is just as effective, though nothing beats the opening and closing of the first one. 

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

people are hyped enough from the phenomenal first trailer. Fingers crossed new one is just as effective, though nothing beats the opening and closing of the first one. 

From the reaction of Perry who saw it, pretty sure it's going to be solid and it's supposed to open strong. People who hate clowns are not going to like it if one scene is as good as described (and I can already hear the score going to it).....

If people really want to know (only found this because I was looking for the date a few days ago) - but fair warning, this discussion answers a major question that people have about this trailer. It doesn't spoil everything in it but if you want to watch it in a few days without knowing anything, it's probably a good idea to watch this after it premieres (if you want to hear about the other footage).

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm ready.  I want the trailer!  Want the movie now!

yeah I need the trailer to be good.  It's been a terrible week so I need something to make it better :) 

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Wouldn't this movie be a bigger hit if it had been rated PG-13 instead of R? Seems like many young teens and kids would have liked to be able to see it in theaters.

Just a thought I had.

Fuck that. Hell, if this was PG-13, it'd probably make less money

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Wouldn't this movie be a bigger hit if it had been rated PG-13 instead of R? Seems like many young teens and kids would have liked to be able to see it in theaters.

Just a thought I had.

What's stopping them? Me and my friends saw all the Screams etc in cinemas and we where only 10 when Scream came out. Didnt need to sneak in either.

• Like 1