Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 minute ago, That Atomic Guy said:

That's odd for Split.  I saw it on opening night in a sold out theater and I'd say at least 90% of the crowd was under 18.

Are you getting old and starting to look at 17 to 24 and think that they are 16 or less maybe ? (R-rated is not under 18, it is for 16 year's old or less)

Opening night can be deceiving (specially if it was a week day ?), mine was just adult I think....

3 hours ago, That Atomic Guy said:

Yeah the book is definitely hard-R shit...and I haven't even gotten to THAT ONE SCENE yet.

That scene won't be in the movie, obviously.  But the rest is definitely R.  

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Wouldn't this movie be a bigger hit if it had been rated PG-13 instead of R? Seems like many young teens and kids would have liked to be able to see it in theaters.

Just a thought I had.

I'm very glad it's not. I care less about the BO and more about the material. One of the scenes described from comic con could never been in a PG-13 movie and that's how this should be.

• Like 1

I want some stupid parents to bring their dumb kids to my screening of IT just because the leads are kids and of the clown, just so I can watch the kids to get traumatized for life and piss their pants!

Fun times.

• Like 1

I just hate kids.

Which is kind of funny since this movie has a cast of kids I know. But I love the book and miniseries, so I'm willing to make an exception and see this on opening weekend.

Edited by Mojoguy

10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I just hate kids.

Which is kind of funny since this movie has a cast of kids I know. But I love the book and miniseries, so I'm willing to make an exception and see this on opening weekend.

I'm not interested in IT when they grow up. I liked the book and the mini while they were kids and I think that, if the book ended there, it would be a good ending. The stuff when they grow up was so convoluted and predictable.

• Like 1