Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

With nothing there now (except UNLOCKED, likely a very small release) WB should move this up to September 1. Looking at the top grossing Labor Day weekends? The list is littered with horror films. It also gives it a little more breathing room before KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE hits.

Somebody should really take advantage of Labor Day looking to be such a dead weekend (you can literally see the tumbleweeds from here) but they won't unless either Wind River or Ingrid Goes West plans on going wide that weekend.

47 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I still don't get why they never switched the dates of this and Annabelle. This would have dominated August. 

Exactly. IT's the perfect summer horror movie (Yes I know September is still summer) I mean the story takes place during the kids summer break so an August release would have been perfect.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am not sure how and when clowns became a subject matter of horror.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy + that stephen King book It and is tv/movie adaptation iconography ?

Oh there is an wikipedia entry about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_clown#Origins

And for the modern take it does seem to be a combination of Gacy and Stephen King, both would be really american yes.

• Like 1

I am not sure how and when clowns became a subject matter of horror.

Must be a cultural american thing.
Clowns are nice and funny and great.

Tim Curry as Pennywise is iconic, he is what people remember the most about the miniseries. He is one of the things most blamed for real life clownphobia. Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

I disagree about the notion that this would have done better in August. This feels like a perfect back to school movie. It's got more of a Autumn feel to it than a Summer feel to it.

When my sister and I were about 8/6 maybe our mom told us to sit down in the living room and close our eyes.  When she told us to open them she was wearing this scary clown mask and jokingly scared us.  My sister has hated clowns ever since.  And while I don't hate them I don't need everyday exposure to them.

• Like 1

The scene in the trailer where Beverly turns around and Pennywise is basically above her, scared the crap out of me when I saw it in the trailer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 75livesinDerry said:

Yeah I may have liked the first one a bit more, but this is still a really good trailer.  It keeps my hopes up that this will be a good movie :)  

I'm kind of surprised that you feel this way. I know you like the book immensely. Did you not feel that this trailer really captured the tone of the book? Or is it just that you love the first trailer that much more?

Don't be teasing me here tele! It makes my dick itch! Could this possibly be a film that you and I are on the same page about? Could be the first one in a very long time LOL.....well not the first but ....u know lol.

That's not Tele. Some dude stole his avatar.

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm kind of surprised that you feel this way. I know you like the book immensely. Did you not feel that this trailer really captured the tone of the book? Or is it just that you love the first trailer that much more?

oh I think it captured it very well.  I must have not put a little bit more in my first post.  It's not that I disliked this one or thought it was far worse than the first one.  Basically the first one is like 10/10 and this one is like 9.999999999999/10 :P   so it's literally fractionally better for me ;) 

• Like 1