A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

the funny thing is that More than Blue is seen as a import film(from Taiwan) in here. In other words, Hollywood titles would be in more danger. Maybe one day the highest-grossing import film would be the Chinese language title from HK or Taiwan...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

More Than Blue at 76% of CBO monday (up from 39% on Friday).:ohmygod:

Can it actually get 100M?! And what does it have to do to get more screens...

It is reaching it. What a monster.

Maoyan is already projecting 1.344b for it, what today means, exactly, $200m...

• Astonished 2

Ex File 3 / MTB

Fri 78m +preview / 72m +preview
Sat 85m / 118m
Sun 131m / 140m
Mon 124m (holiday)
Tue 93m
Wed 108m
Thurs 115m

1st week = 738m

*Ex File 3 had 9.2 on Maoyan

Edited by Xiaoshu

9 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Fantastic for More than Blue. I've encountered quite a bit of positive discussion about this film in my social circle. Shows that direct WOM (friends, family, acquaintances) matters much more than any online score. 

I also think it's fantastic, however I think the importance of direct WOM heavily depends on the type of demographic and how influenced they are by what they read online.

For some audiences a bad score online and negative reviews may totally kill the movie's chances, whereas another movie may be able to ride that out if it's target demographic aren't really concerned with that or are not even aware of it. 

• Like 2

Hearing a lot of whispers that Disney has called their favourite Asian Actor Donnie Yen (who was in Rogue One and going to be in Mulan) for a big role in Marvel's Shang Chi. Hearsay its the role of the main villain.

What a waste if that's true. If he was 10 years younger, he could be Shang Chi himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Hearing a lot of whispers that Disney has called their favourite Asian Actor Donnie Yen (who was in Rogue One and going to be in Mulan) for a big role in Marvel's Shang Chi. Hearsay its the role of the main villain.

What a waste if that's true. If he was 10 years younger, he could be Shang Chi himself.

Unfortunately, the movie came a bit too late for him but we can't really say it's a waste until we know more about the role. (and if he gets it). 

Wonder who they will go with for the main role. I'm thinking Henry Golding. 

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Yeah, Shang-Chi 3 might not be coming out until nearly 2030 or something, so Donnie just doesn’t fit agewise. It’s too bad, loved him in Ip Man.         

Still it would be really great if he got he got a big supporting role (from what I understand of Shang-Chi comics his father is an antagonist, that could be a nice dynamic if handled properly).

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RaidensSword said:

Unfortunately, the movie came a bit too late for him but we can't really say it's a waste until we know more about the role. (and if he gets it). 

Wonder who they will go with for the main role. I'm thinking Henry Golding. 

Lol. If Disney wants it to flop in China then cast Henry Golding.

First Chinese superhero and Disney to cast a British/Malaysian? Not all Asians are the same..

And while i like him, he doesn't seem to have any legit martial arts background...

Don't think Disney is so silly....

• Like 2