Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

11 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Yelling about a trailer that's not aimed at you seems... odd to me. Why make all the fuss about it?

Oh you already know the answer to that question.  It's Transformers, it's supposed to be about me!

Whats the story with the AA?  Shouldn't it be TelemAARPchos?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I cannot stress enough how awful the CinemaCon footage was for Transformers.  Terrible and worse than even Transformers 2 and was embarrassed for everyone involved.  

wow. and they're showing it off to the public in IMAX next month. whut

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I cannot stress enough how awful the CinemaCon footage was for Transformers.  Terrible and worse than even Transformers 2 and was embarrassed for everyone involved.  

You really know how to get me excited for these things

• Like 3

• Community Manager
On 03/28/2017 at 6:46 PM, somebody85 said:

Oh my god. I never said there's a problem with strong females, I said the way that Michael Bay displayed it in this trailer was not the way to do it.

Correct, I brought up Furiosa as an example, because that's the right way to do it. In the trailers for Fury Road she didn't have dialogue like what was shown in this here.

"she became a strong character thanks to how Charlize played the character, instead of judging a character by pure sexism, you should at least wait till you see the movie." - That was my whole point. Furiosas actions showed the audience how she was a strong character not her words. The dialogue here was not needed to show Izzy is this badass. Bay could have shown that through the movie but again he tried to silence his critics by going too far (I would bet that the dialogue in this trailer, is in the movie).

It has nothing to do with sexism. I love Rey, I love Jinn, I love Ripley, I love Laura Croft, I love Alice, I love Laura (in Logan)....I even liked Kristen Wiig in Ghostbusters...seriously I could go on for a long time with female leads, so please drop it with the sexism accusations.

In Rogue One trailers, we didnt really see Jinn be badass. She just said "I rebel." Bam!

Its kind of hard to say "drop the sexism charges" while arguing the only way a woman can be badass is to shut up.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2017 at 0:32 PM, EmpireCity said:

Damn, that sucks to hear.

22 hours ago, filmlover said:

I sure hope the paychecks he's received for these movies has allowed for Wahlberg to put his kids in the best colleges there are in the country.

If I was an actor and someone said do you want to be in a franchise that's going to clear a billion dollars.  Sign me up.

On 3/29/2017 at 3:32 PM, EmpireCity said:

That's a deep, deep hole to fill, if true.  Spill.

On 2017-03-29 at 9:32 PM, EmpireCity said:

314.jpg

4 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

In Rogue One trailers, we didnt really see Jinn be badass. She just said "I rebel." Bam!

Its kind of hard to say "drop the sexism charges" while arguing the only way a woman can be badass is to shut up.

It has nothing to do with her talking (and I didn't like that line in the first Rogue One trailer either and am glad they removed it because it was cheesy). She doesn't have to be quiet to be a badass and I never said she did. I brought that up as an example to show they could get the same message across if they were actually good at it. Her speaking is not a problem, the dialogue chosen is. It's over the top course correction and it comes off so forced. That's my point.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:32 PM, EmpireCity said:

Wow!  Even the audience were embarrassed to watch it?