Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

TF1-3 are dumb but fun and the action scenes are good, TF4 was dumb and hella boring. But yeah it's the whole "style over substance" that most people have a problem with.

Plus the sexiest and racical stereotypical characters 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Considering the numbers that it is making both DOM and OS, it actually may be the last one indeed. I know that I'm going to watch at least six times when it is released here, you know, just for precaution in case we don't get a new TF movie anytime soon, lol.

It'll be the last film on this series but I expect Paramount will reboot it if Bumblebee underperforms

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Actually, he is. Undoubtedly. 

He is not one of the best directors working today.  There is absolutely no measure of critical means to back that up.  He wouldn't even be in the Top 30 working at this point.  

This is not the resume of "one of the best directors working today.  Undoubtedly."  This is his last decade of work.  It is mediocre at best and hot garbage at worst.  

• Transformers: The Last Knight 
  • 13 Hours 
  • Transformers: Age of Extinction 
  • Pain & Gain 
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 
  • Transformers 
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This is not the resume of "one of the best directors working today.  Undoubtedly."  This is his last decade of work.  It is mediocre at best and hot garbage at worst.  

• 13 Hours 
  • Pain & Gain 
  • Transformers 

Listen man, if Dan thinks he is one of the best, it is fine. It is his opinion. Isn't it easier to agree to disagree and move on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Listen man, if Dan thinks he is one of the best, it is fine. It is his opinion. Isn't it easier to agree to disagree and move on?

Easier, but not as much fun.  It's bantering back and forth.  Nobody is going to get hurt.  

He's a big boy and we have argued about worse.  =)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

• 13 Hours 
  • Pain & Gain 
  • Transformers 

:winomg:

Oh my. That list is really not good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

• 13 Hours 
  • Pain & Gain 
  • Transformers 

The funny thing is Micheal Bay style is likely more famous than a lot of great directors to the general audiences. 

I think Bay is quite capable of very entertaining 'dumb' movies like The Rock, Armageddon, And TF1 which are still very popular films even today. 

He has a unique distinct style which is a source of great parody and a lot of eyeballs. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

13 hours is not a bad film, its a solid 7/10.

People just were upset over politics. 

So I  don't think its fair to saw every film he has made recently was bad. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Armageddon is the second best film of 98

Bad Boys is one of the best of 95

Transformers one of the best of 97

13 Hours is a fantastic movie pretty much all because of Michael Bay.

Michael Bay can do things with the camera and tell a story with the camera in ways other directors simply can't.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Michael Bay's a pretty lousy filmmaker with the exception of two movies, The Rock and Pain and Gain, I think of those movies work very well. The Transformers sequels are terrible, some of the worst Blockbusters ever made. 

Their so horrible that theyve made billions at the theaters and more billions on HV and other ancilliary revenue. Some of us heathens must be enjoying them.

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Their so horrible that theyve made billions at the theaters and more billions on HV and other ancilliary revenue. Some of us heathens must be enjoying them.

Don't be dramatic. I don't care if you like them. That doesn't bother me. I simply don't spend money on the films.