druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Well, Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, ST09, and STID can be put in the same sporting conference as the Middle-Earth films.But yes the others are not playing the same sport. :)

There is never anything disappointing about a film that makes 900 to a billion dollars.

And that's just for it's initial run. With these movies, there will be EE releases (I know, I've gone to them and they are sold out) the merchandise (I've collected every Legolas doll, poster, plate, figurine I can get my hands on, and I know for damn sure I am not the only one) then of course, the DVD's/BluRay, (I skipped getting AUJ on regular DVD and just waited for the EE) so yeah, studio could care less where it is on the top 10, as long as that movie is making money.

• Like 1

This is an actual photo from a WB party, taken in their New Zealnad studio:

Posted Image

And then later than evening:

Posted Image

Which reminds me i saw wolf yesterday finally done with 2013 slate (sorry frozenites i judge wether i want to see films based on footage i see not their hype and snowmen and [insert w/e the hell the plural for moose is here] fighting over a carrot doesnt impress me) i overall enjoyed the film most like b/c it was so out there bout 25% full no walkouts even sone laughter during ceirtain scene s felt the runtime unlike smaug but was never really bored

Can you tell us what prequels you are referring to?  And just for the record, 99% of the big films today pale in comparison in attendance to big films from the 70's and 80's.  No DVD's, no netflix, no burning.  

The X-Men prequels (the two Wolverine movies and First Class) and Rise of the Planet of the Apes were the ones particularly on my mind.

... sorry frozenites i judge wether i want to see films based on footage i see not their hype and snowmen and [insert w/e the hell the plural for moose is here] fighting over a carrot doesnt impress me...

Simply saying to not be interested in a movie is perfectly fine for me, but uhm arguing your point like this is not exactely helping to make it :) (also its not a moose its a reindeer... that behaves like a dog :P )

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 2

There is never anything disappointing about a film that makes 900 to a billion dollars.

Unless your name is Avatar2 or TA2 Edited by fmpro
  • Like 2

well to me DoS run IS disappointing 

esp the decreases OS  :(

not for the studio obv cause the film's release immediately sparks additional selling of loads of the LOTR movies ceparately, LOTR box sets, AUJ dvd's, OSTs probably too, not to mention SEEs,  bluerays, WETA items & even toys probs 

Really hard to feel sorry for them :D

rewatched a Frozen that i actually like  :wub:  :lol:

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG took in an estimated $16.25M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $229.63M.

It's having better holds than the first one, and is now closing in on weekend numbers. The first one had 17M for this weekend last year, if I'm not mistaken.

Still, chances of it catching up to the first are impossible. I'm quite disappointed in the movie and it's run, too

People have definitely been way too hard on DoS. Ever since AUJ failed to gross $400 million people have labeled The Hobbit movies as disappointments despite the fact that prequels have never done better. Even the SW prequels paled in comparison to the original films as far as attendance goes, the only reason it didn't seem like it thanks to 20 years worth of inflation. DoS is a moderate hit and will churn plenty of profit once international grosses, home releases, and merchandising is put into the equation.

The hobbit films have done fine enough imo, but comparing levels of success to the star wars prequels is not a fair fight for the hobbit films.

well to me DoS run IS disappointing 

esp the decreases OS  :(

not for the studio obv cause the film's release immediately sparks additional selling of loads of the LOTR movies ceparately, LOTR box sets, AUJ dvd's, OSTs probably too, not to mention SEEs,  bluerays, WETA items & even toys probs 

Really hard to feel sorry for them :D

rewatched a Frozen that i actually like  :wub:  :lol:

I love Within Temptation :wub:

It's having better holds than the first one, and is now closing in on weekend numbers. The first one had 17M for this weekend last year, if I'm not mistaken.

Still, chances of it catching up to the first are impossible. I'm quite disappointed in the movie and it's run, too

I hope it ends up with 280,000,001 just to mess up Baumer's club. :ph34r: