Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

Henry Goulding is like a modern day Cary Grant, just a super suave dude. Dude would be perfect. Bond doesn't have to be white, but he does have to be male imo. Male chauvinism is built into the DNA of his character, but whiteness isn't.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I know, and I agree with you to an extent, i just think it's delusional if anyone actually seriously thinks it would happen. and yes when everyone and their nan was asking for Tom Hiddleston to be james bond that was a strange thought. I'm glad we have moved past that.

It was because he was succesfull with his spy show, like Madden is with Bodyguard. He is actually the best actor of the ones mentioned here, along with Elba, but i agree none of them should be Bond for several reasons. Elba is old now and Hiddleston is better suited in other roles.

Bond isn't character that requires big acting chops only be to able to sell the mystery around the character, if they can find an actor who can do both even better.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hermia said:

It was because he was succesfull with his spy show, like Madden is with Bodyguard. He is actually the best actor of the ones mentioned here, along with Elba, but i agree none of them should be Bond for several reasons. Elba is old now and Hiddleston is better suited in other roles.

Bond isn't character that requires big acting chops only be to able to sell the mystery around the character, if they can find an actor who can do both even better.

I don't see Hiddleston as Bond, great actor but I don't see him being able to pull off the Bond mystique or sex appeal.

Also I do agree that although I would love to see idris in the role, his age is starting to get in the way. They would need an actor that will potentially portray the character for a decade or so. Craig is 51 now, Idis 46, he will be 48/9 when his first Bond movie start filming.

18 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

They need a woman for the next Bond, and call it Jane Bond, and cast Brie Larson.

this would certainly get ghostbusters' levels of hate or possibly more. 

it would be amazing tbh.

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

I also cant believe its been 4 years since spectre and not even the cast is finished. they used to make bond movies every 3 years...

Yeah it has really slowed up a bit, for majority of the franchise's lifespan it was one every two years, sometimes consecutive years, and whenever Never Say Never Again came out there was two bond films in one year. it's kind of an odd one really because it's the one series which isn't really changing for modern times and TBH it feels rather old and out of date. That being said the interest is clearly there, Skyfall and Spectre were massive hits way bigger than the few before that.

Let s play

Captain America can be a hippie from '69.

Thor can be a Greek God.

Iron Man can be a student of gender studies.

Batman can be a worm.

Superman can be a time-traveller.

Toretto can be a Barbie doll lover.

The Lion King can be The Turtle King.

Who the fuck cares ?

#TimeForARevolution

Edited by The Futurist

Back when Brosnan was leaving and Craig was beginning - there is an obvious physical difference with the 2 - while Dench was staying, there was an unused draft that featured the following ending:

Spoiler

The plot featured Brosnan on his final mission working with a partner to protect the identities of secret agents everywhere, with a plot twist at the end revealing the agents were all actually retired agents in hiding throughout the world. 

Brosnan, retiring, arrives at an South Pacific resort - one of many resorts he is now a member of - where he will spend the rest of this days. He goes to the bar, orders a martini. his style, and an old man approaches him, telling him he has good taste. The old man was to be SEAN CONNERY. He would then depart with his grand children. Pictures of Moore, Lazenby, would be visible. It would be revealed the resort is a retirement home of sorts of global secret agents in need of new identities where they can move on with life in peace; with the name "James Bond" being revealed as the given alias for 007, hence when one retires, a new one (Craig) assumes the identity for the given period. 

This type of set-up would obviously make sense from a continuity perspective and would also open the door for an minority actor to play the part. 

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Let s play

Captain America can be a hippie from '69.

Thor can be a Greek God.

Iron Man can be a student of gender studies.

Batman can be a worm.

Superman can be a time-traveller.

Toretto can be a Barbie doll lover.

The Lion King can be The Turtle King.

Who the fuck cares ?

#TimeForARevolution

You must have spent an exorbitant amount of time to come up with that didn't you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Henry Goulding is like a modern day Cary Grant, just a super suave dude. Dude would be perfect. Bond doesn't have to be white, but he does have to be male imo. Male chauvinism is built into the DNA of his character, but whiteness isn't.

Correct. Same reason Idris Elba would be a great Bond no doubt. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Back when Brosnan was leaving and Craig was beginning - there is an obvious physical difference with the 2 - while Dench was staying, there was an unused draft that featured the following ending:

Hide contents

The plot featured Brosnan on his final mission working with a partner to protect the identities of secret agents everywhere, with a plot twist at the end revealing the agents were all actually retired agents in hiding throughout the world. 

Brosnan, retiring, arrives at an South Pacific resort - one of many resorts he is now a member of - where he will spend the rest of this days. He goes to the bar, orders a martini. his style, and an old man approaches him, telling him he has good taste. The old man was to be SEAN CONNERY. He would then depart with his grand children. Pictures of Moore, Lazenby, would be visible. It would be revealed the resort is a retirement home of sorts of global secret agents in need of new identities where they can move on with life in peace; with the name "James Bond" being revealed as the given alias for 007, hence when one retires, a new one (Craig) assumes the identity for the given period. 

This type of set-up would obviously make sense from a continuity perspective and would also open the door for an minority actor to play the part. 

Nice fan fiction 

17 hours ago, Nova said:

I never realized James Bond was only allowed to be a white man. James Bond was written as a British secret service agent. So I don’t see why guys like Henry Golding or Idris Elba, who are British, shouldn’t have their names thrown in the mix. No where in Bond’s character description does it say that he needs to be a white man. 

I like the idea of Golding or Elba being Bond. I guess the books are pretty specific he is white but I don’t think that matters for the movies. 

Has Craig officially bowed out? Or is this fan casting for the next movie 10 yrs down the road?

Edited by Harley

22 minutes ago, Harley said:

I like the idea of Golding or Elba being Bond. I guess the books are pretty specific he is white but I don’t think that matters for the movies. 

Has Craig officially bowed out? Or is this fan casting for the next movie 10 yrs down the road?

Mostly fan-casting. The Elba one is ridiculous considering he keeps having to tell everyone 'no'.

Personally, I'm not against a PoC as Bond, so long as he's the best person that auditioned and not picked just because he's a PoC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Mostly fan-casting. The Elba one is ridiculous considering he keeps having to tell everyone 'no'.

Personally, I'm not against a PoC as Bond, so long as he's the best person that auditioned and not picked just because he's a PoC.

Agreed. I don't think there's any worry though. EON is very protective of their property. I doubt they're in the business of identity politics. They will just want to cast the BEST Bond.

• Like 1