Jump to content
Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

https://deadline.com/2021/09/no-time-to-die-opening-weekend-uk-international-box-office-daniel-craig-james-bond-1234847227/
 

13% ABOVE Spectre?!?  Wow. *
 

*Spectre shows started in the evening on opening day. Still…£4.5 - £5 million is a huge start for current times. I can see £25 million+ 4-day on the cards. 

Should outgross Shang Chi’s near 5 week total by Sunday. 

This is so far the biggest performance in western cinemas since Covid. This should open the flood gates

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is no achievement for Bond. Here its the big kahuna. So it has to do really well. It should have good legs and I am hoping for 70m+ pounds. 

Compared to how the market has been it's pretty impressive. A month ago I would have been happy with a £15m opening 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Compared to how the market has been it's pretty impressive. A month ago I would have been happy with a £15m opening 


It could definitely push mid 20’s but I’ll stay conservative with £20 million 4-day. 
 

You’d think Saturday will be absolutely huge but we’ve no idea really in the current climate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is true and something I have discussed a number of times.. It's crazy we never got a "here's Bond on a mission" type movies in the Craig continuity after the Brosnan one was just that

 

 

 

Liking this for the second tweet, but not the first. 

 

Drives me crazy how anti-continuity critics are these days. The problem with the MCU and other franchises isn't continuity, you hacks. 

 

But yeah, kinda funny that Craig's Bond went from young upstart to aging vet pretty quickly. 

 

Then again, M did say something about a "short life expectancy." 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Menor said:

Not reviews just reactions I've seen on social media etc. But we will know more about reception soon. 

 

Social media favors negativity. It's not a good barometer for much of anything opinion-wise. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

 

Social media favors negativity. It's not a good barometer for much of anything opinion-wise. 

Yeah but you can sometimes get a sense of whether a film will be polarizing from the tone of them. SK audience scores seem fairly mixed as well. We will see how it's received in its home market. I am expecting good but somewhat polarizing reception in the UK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah but you can sometimes get a sense of whether a film will be polarizing from the tone of them. SK audience scores seem fairly mixed as well. We will see how it's received in its home market. I am expecting good but somewhat polarizing reception in the UK. 

SK does not matter. Spectre grossed only 12m there. There are markets where Bond will not play well. There is nothing of alarm with what we have seen so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

SK does not matter. Spectre grossed only 12m there. There are markets where Bond will not play well. There is nothing of alarm with what we have seen so far. 

Not referring to box office but CGV/Megabox scores. Yeah Bond is not huge there but the numbers are substantial enough that one can make something of reception. Of course it won't always match other markets but often it does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

It seems like South Korea's market just never really recovered. I remember in early Covid days thing were looking good for Tenet, but then had a massive surge there, so it hurt Tenet in SK. I don't think they ever really recovered. I may be wrong

@chasmmi would be best suited to answer that

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, John Marston said:

Brofeld is what really ruined Spectre for a lot of people. It really was one of the dumbest twists in film history

 

Even with that its mindblowing whenever I see Quantum of Solace near or above Spectre on lists.   Its just such an inept film, probably the most disappointing movie of the 00s for me, more than the Matrix Sequels or Crystal Skull.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

 

Even with that its mindblowing whenever I see Quantum of Solace near or above Spectre on lists.   Its just such an inept film, probably the most disappointing movie of the 00s for me, more than the Matrix Sequels or Crystal Skull.

 

 

I remember trying to persuade my mates to walk out. Quite possibly the worst villain in any movie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spectre is just as well-made as Skyfall in many ways. The Blofeld thing really gets people, which I don't really understand. I thought Waltz was great and I like seeing classic villains redone. It's underrated in the same way Star Trek Into Darkness was underrated. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Spectre is just as well-made as Skyfall in many ways. The Blofeld thing really gets people, which I don't really understand. I thought Waltz was great and I like seeing classic villains redone. It's underrated in the same way Star Trek Into Darkness was underrated. 

While I don't disagree (and the comparison is fair), Star Trek Into Darkness is way more ENTERTAINING than Spectre. I like Spectre ok, but it can definitely be a bore. A lot of the action isn't even very exciting. 

 

Whereas Into Darkness really moves like a motherfucker. It's fun. It's just plot hole galore or whatever.

 

I do enjoy both tho, but I think Into darkness is way better and is WAY overhated

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

While I don't disagree (and the comparison is fair), Star Trek Into Darkness is way more ENTERTAINING than Spectre. I like Spectre ok, but it can definitely be a bore. A lot of the action isn't even very exciting. 

 

Whereas Into Darkness really moves like a motherfucker. It's fun. It's just plot hole galore or whatever.

 

I do enjoy both tho, but I think Into darkness is way better and is WAY overhated

 

I was never bored. Sam Mendes did for Bond what Nolan did for Batman. That sort of methodical, foreboding atmosphere is what I want. 

 

I do agree that Into Darkness is better though. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.