Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

16 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

https://deadline.com/2021/09/no-time-to-die-opening-weekend-uk-international-box-office-daniel-craig-james-bond-1234847227/

13% ABOVE Spectre?!?  Wow. *

*Spectre shows started in the evening on opening day. Still…£4.5 - £5 million is a huge start for current times. I can see £25 million+ 4-day on the cards. 

Should outgross Shang Chi’s near 5 week total by Sunday. 

This is so far the biggest performance in western cinemas since Covid. This should open the flood gates

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is no achievement for Bond. Here its the big kahuna. So it has to do really well. It should have good legs and I am hoping for 70m+ pounds. 

Compared to how the market has been it's pretty impressive. A month ago I would have been happy with a £15m opening 

31 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Compared to how the market has been it's pretty impressive. A month ago I would have been happy with a £15m opening 

It could definitely push mid 20’s but I’ll stay conservative with £20 million 4-day. 

You’d think Saturday will be absolutely huge but we’ve no idea really in the current climate. 

19 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is true and something I have discussed a number of times.. It's crazy we never got a "here's Bond on a mission" type movies in the Craig continuity after the Brosnan one was just that

Liking this for the second tweet, but not the first. 

Drives me crazy how anti-continuity critics are these days. The problem with the MCU and other franchises isn't continuity, you hacks. 

But yeah, kinda funny that Craig's Bond went from young upstart to aging vet pretty quickly. 

Then again, M did say something about a "short life expectancy." 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Social media favors negativity. It's not a good barometer for much of anything opinion-wise. 

Yeah but you can sometimes get a sense of whether a film will be polarizing from the tone of them. SK audience scores seem fairly mixed as well. We will see how it's received in its home market. I am expecting good but somewhat polarizing reception in the UK. 

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah but you can sometimes get a sense of whether a film will be polarizing from the tone of them. SK audience scores seem fairly mixed as well. We will see how it's received in its home market. I am expecting good but somewhat polarizing reception in the UK. 

SK does not matter. Spectre grossed only 12m there. There are markets where Bond will not play well. There is nothing of alarm with what we have seen so far. 

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

SK does not matter. Spectre grossed only 12m there. There are markets where Bond will not play well. There is nothing of alarm with what we have seen so far. 

Not referring to box office but CGV/Megabox scores. Yeah Bond is not huge there but the numbers are substantial enough that one can make something of reception. Of course it won't always match other markets but often it does. 

3 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

It seems like South Korea's market just never really recovered. I remember in early Covid days thing were looking good for Tenet, but then had a massive surge there, so it hurt Tenet in SK. I don't think they ever really recovered. I may be wrong

@chasmmi would be best suited to answer that

20 hours ago, John Marston said:

Brofeld is what really ruined Spectre for a lot of people. It really was one of the dumbest twists in film history

Even with that its mindblowing whenever I see Quantum of Solace near or above Spectre on lists.   Its just such an inept film, probably the most disappointing movie of the 00s for me, more than the Matrix Sequels or Crystal Skull.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Even with that its mindblowing whenever I see Quantum of Solace near or above Spectre on lists.   Its just such an inept film, probably the most disappointing movie of the 00s for me, more than the Matrix Sequels or Crystal Skull.

I remember trying to persuade my mates to walk out. Quite possibly the worst villain in any movie

Spectre is just as well-made as Skyfall in many ways. The Blofeld thing really gets people, which I don't really understand. I thought Waltz was great and I like seeing classic villains redone. It's underrated in the same way Star Trek Into Darkness was underrated. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Spectre is just as well-made as Skyfall in many ways. The Blofeld thing really gets people, which I don't really understand. I thought Waltz was great and I like seeing classic villains redone. It's underrated in the same way Star Trek Into Darkness was underrated. 

While I don't disagree (and the comparison is fair), Star Trek Into Darkness is way more ENTERTAINING than Spectre. I like Spectre ok, but it can definitely be a bore. A lot of the action isn't even very exciting. 

Whereas Into Darkness really moves like a motherfucker. It's fun. It's just plot hole galore or whatever.

I do enjoy both tho, but I think Into darkness is way better and is WAY overhated

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

While I don't disagree (and the comparison is fair), Star Trek Into Darkness is way more ENTERTAINING than Spectre. I like Spectre ok, but it can definitely be a bore. A lot of the action isn't even very exciting. 

Whereas Into Darkness really moves like a motherfucker. It's fun. It's just plot hole galore or whatever.

I do enjoy both tho, but I think Into darkness is way better and is WAY overhated

I was never bored. Sam Mendes did for Bond what Nolan did for Batman. That sort of methodical, foreboding atmosphere is what I want. 

I do agree that Into Darkness is better though. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1