Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Very possible. Sws isn't big in skin, China, UK and other major countries.  Jpworld made almost 1.1b os. Swsfa is running similar to avengers one is or even weaker.  So domestic 720 to 830 m and a os of 800m. Force could lose king of the yr to jpw indeed.  Needs at least 900m os. A very tall order.

TFA is heading for a minimum 900M Domestic and 900 Worldwide. Nothing less. JW is going down.

29 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

While I think Kal should be a shoe-in to win Funniest Poster at the BOFFY's (sorry @CoolioD1 and @Chewy) I find a lot of the arguments against him to be equally crazy. The fixation people have on brand recognition as all important is pretty short-sighted.

I agree.

I also find these wars ridiculous.

Now it's a crusade to see Avatar "dethroned."  How long will it be before all this love for TFA turns into, "meh! It was nothing but a ANH clone"? It will happen eventually. Every film that becomes a cultural event gets a backlash sooner or later. I wonder which film will have everyone here saying, "Can't wait till this dethrones that bland, undeserving The Force Awakens."

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I agree.

I also find these wars ridiculous.

Now it's a crusade to see Avatar "dethroned."  How long will it be before all this love for TFA turns into, "meh! It was nothing but a ANH clone"? It will happen eventually. Every film that becomes a cultural event gets a backlash sooner or later. I wonder which film will have everyone here saying, "Can't wait till this dethrones that bland, undeserving The Force Awakens."

Hasn't that already happened?

• Like 1

Sorry but some of u dont know kal from mojo. Hes certifiably nuts. So don't go Out and try and make him a martyr and don't sell me the hooker with a heart of gold. He is a straight up nut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Sorry but some of u dont know kal from mojo. Hes certifiably nuts. So don't go Out and try and make him a martyr and don't sell me the hooker with a heart of gold. He is a straight up nut.

Much anger there is in you young one.

Turned you Kal has to the dark side. 

@Kalel009Shel

Your faith in your unobtanium is your weakness. 

----------------------

can't wait for this film! If they're going heavy with the sea stuff it could be Titanic in pandora

Titanic + Pandora = $5 Billion worldwide gross (domestic being around $1.4 Billion)

But of course none of that is happening and that was probably a terrible joke.

Avatar 2 will probably decline 30-40% from the original. I foresee it doing around $1.5-1.7 Billion...the overseas territories for this movie will be the wildcard.