Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

35 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

As I said to another user:

I liked Avatar, James Cameron is a genius (I'm a big fan).

It's just a fun game (I saw on Twitter sometime ago). 

I love "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" and I can't quote that movie...

:) 

Yes, I understand, however it's such a wide spread accusation of Avatar I just wanted to share my thoughts on that ;)

7 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

GAME: Try to remember and quote Avatar, the highest-grossing movie of all time. Quote ANY line.. No cheating.

GO! :)

Quaritch: I'll get you your legs back, your reaaaaaaaaaaaaal legs

Quaritch: A marine in an avatar body, that's a potent mix

Neytiri: I see you

we're going up against gunships with bows and arrows

Quaritch: and thats how you scatter the roaches

Jake Sully: Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane moment (this one reflects Jim in real life)

Jake Sully: The strong pray on the weak and nobody does a thing

Jake Sully: THIS IS OUR LAND

Quaritch: A marine in an Avatar body.. that's a potent mix

Quaritch: You are not in Kansas anymore

For those unaware quoting Avatar is part of the cultural impact myth/meme (still 5 hr queues at Disney park).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Quaritch: I'll get you your legs back, your reaaaaaaaaaaaaal legs

Quaritch: A marine in an avatar body, that's a potent mix

Neytiri: I see you

we're going up against gunships with bows and arrows

Quaritch: and thats how you scatter the roaches

Jake Sully: Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane moment (this one reflects Jim in real life)

Jake Sully: The strong pray on the weak and nobody does a thing

Jake Sully: THIS IS OUR LAND

Quaritch: A marine in an Avatar body.. that's a potent mix

Quaritch: You are not in Kansas anymore

For those unaware quoting Avatar is part of the cultural impact myth/meme (still 5 hr queues at Disney park).

No way you remember all that without cheating.

10 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

GAME: Try to remember and quote Avatar, the highest-grossing movie of all time. Quote ANY line.. No cheating.

"I see you."

"You're not in Kansas anymore."

"The strong prey on the weak, and no one gives a damn."

"How does it feel to betray your own race?"

"You are like a baby. Making noise, don't know what to do."

Just off the top of my head. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

"Shut your piehole!"

"That's one big damn tree!"

"Outstanding!"

"Let's dance!"

"This...This is OUR LAND!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

No way you remember all that without cheating.

I think a lot of these lines show up in that epic long trailer, if anyone watches that trailer as often as I do (at least once a week:P), then it's probably not a surprise if they'd remember all these lines.

56 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I see you

Oh yes, how did this one escape my mind?

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

I think a lot of these lines show up in that epic long trailer, if anyone watches that trailer as often as I do (at least once a week:P), then it's probably not a surprise if they'd remember all these lines.

Lost in the woods? Forget what team you are playing for?

Also from the epic trailer. Haven't watched it in a while but got stuck in my head cause I like how Sam looks at the general in with a somewhat guilty expression.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

One of the best trailers I've seen.

Crescendo hit's at the moment "FROM JAMES CAMERON" appears

• Like 2

This thread is almost six years old. By the time the sequel comes out there will be people about 11 yrs old, who were born after Avatar. Haha

I remember there being a shrill Avatar 2 apologist here who swore it was already filming. Lol

I am really looking forward to it though. I saw Avatar six times in theaters.

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

One of the best trailers I've seen.

Crescendo hit's at the moment "FROM JAMES CAMERON" appears

Yeah when that trailer book ended the Avatar day presentation, my jaw dropped and many people alongside my sister and me went right back in the queue outside to attend the next scheduled presentation just to experience it all over again in all its huge screen mesmerizing glory.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

Yeah when that trailer book ended the Avatar day presentation, my jaw dropped and many people alongside my sister and me went right back in the queue outside to attend the next scheduled presentation just to experience it all over again in all its huge screen mesmerizing glory.

Yeah, wanted to do the same...

Funnily enough, i was with my sister, too. :)

When the presentation ended, people started clapping. Admittedly, i was the initiator... ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

28 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Yeah, wanted to do the same...

Funnily enough, i was with my sister, too. :)

When the presentation ended, people started clapping. Admittedly, i was the initiator... ;)

Lots of Avatar loving sisters around here, if they need anyone to talk to about A2 send I'll be happy to help.

Spoiler

Just kidding lads

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

I think the Glassless 3D version will be in very limited theaters like the 120fps version of Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk. It won't do much for the boxoffice.

I assume it will cost a lot to install the new projector. Theaters already spent a lot upgrading to 3D projectiona couple of years ago, and 3D's fading means their investment are not resulting into the ideal outcome they wished (or Cameron promised because Cameron actually talked a lot of the theater owners into upgrading to 3D before Avatar's release), so this time for this glassless 3D projection, they will be very skeptical and conservative. It's gonna be a hell lot more harder than last time, for Cameron to persuade theather owners to take the risk.

3 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I think the Glassless 3D version will be in very limited theaters like the 120fps version of Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk. It won't do much for the boxoffice.

I assume it will cost a lot to install the new projector. Theaters already spent a lot upgrading to 3D projectiona couple of years ago, and 3D's fading means their investment are not resulting into the ideal outcome they wished (or Cameron promised because Cameron actually talked a lot of the theater owners into upgrading to 3D before Avatar's release), so this time for this glassless 3D projection, they will be very skeptical and conservative. It's gonna be a hell lot more harder than last time, for Cameron to persuade theather owners to take the risk.

I think you're probably right, though when there's an actual press release with technical info it'll be easier to determine whether it's a huge financial or technical hassle.