Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

One of the few things that bugged me was Sigourney's avatar. It just looked weird, having it resemble her pretty much exactly. Pretty sure she had it written in her contract. Would be so Sigourney, making such demands... ;)

11 hours ago, Elessar said:

One of the few things that bugged me was Sigourney's avatar. It just looked weird, having it resemble her pretty much exactly. Pretty sure she had it written in her contract. Would be so Sigourney, making such demands... ;)

Lol, remember Jake's Avatar was a generation ahead. I hope they get her a new one too.

On 7/22/2017 at 3:44 PM, IronJimbo said:

http://www.mtv.com/news/3026653/sigourney-weaver-parkour-avatar/

Sigourney is learning Parkour and free diving.

Sounds like she's back as a Na'Vi.

Parkour and free diving??? I love Sigourney but it's far more likely that her stunt double(s) are the ones who are in training. What it says to me is that her character will have an actual physical presence in the movie and not be some disembodied spirit guide. Is she going to be Na'vi or will she be on Team RDA (Earth)? Sounds Na'vi to me.

11 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Parkour and free diving??? I love Sigourney but it's far more likely that her stunt double(s) are the ones who are in training. What it says to me is that her character will have an actual physical presence in the movie and not be some disembodied spirit guide. Is she going to be Na'vi or will she be on Team RDA (Earth)? Sounds Na'vi to me.

Sounds Na'Vi which to me suggests to me she will be playing a new character entirely.

Avatar movies are what am looking forward the most in coming years. They are visually different, seem to have a coherent story considering so many are being made, and are gonna be fun comparing to each other box-office wise. What else is there? There are certain movies like Ready Player One, etc. which I care about but apart from that it's just CBMs and animations and SW doing big and it's gotten monotonous following their bo.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Avatar movies are what am looking forward the most in coming years. They are visually different, seem to have a coherent story considering so many are being made, and are gonna be fun comparing to each other box-office wise. What else is there? There are certain movies like Ready Player One, etc. which I care about but apart from that it's just CBMs and animations and SW doing big and it's gotten monotonous following their bo.

You're preaching to the choir about Avatar, I don't think there will be any more delays so we're golden.

Regards to following box office it's similar for me, I'm only interested in following films that are a threat to Titanic's world wide gross. Which means only Star Wars 8, nothing else is a realistic threat. However you do have a few non comic book movies which could do well like Frozen 2, Minecraft Movie (serious) and Minions 2.

I will have fun following T2-3D re-release and Alita: Battle Angel while I'm waiting for Avatar. I also think it would be hilarious if T2:3D were to break $1b world wide (it's at $550m currently)

Then you got the Spielberg and Jackson films which always do well don't seem to have enough gas, Ready Player One and Mortal Engines will be great watches though.

We're living in the age of sws and cape movies, only one man can save us and take us to greater heights.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/873929-james-cameron-wants-to-make-a-new-terminator-trilogy#/slide/1

“The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?,” Cameron says. “So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half, so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/873929-james-cameron-wants-to-make-a-new-terminator-trilogy#chGRD5ZpKVBg48Qf.99

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

I loved Arnie as the terminator but they should get rid of him and start anew. And please, no going-back-in-time-to-kill-someone again, come up with something else. I still say two words: future war. ;)

Edited by Elessar

13 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I loved Arnie as the terminator but they should get rid of him and start anew. And please, no going-back-in-time-to-kill-someone again, come up with something else. I still say two words: future war. ;)

Agree. A new Cameroon Terminator will undoubtedly be inter-galactic imo - a CBM like world with SH terminators and SV terminators. I would love for aliens and ufos to be involved. Getting to carried away... :P

On 7/25/2017 at 4:51 AM, a2knet said:

I have some hope for Mortal Engines, Alita Battle Angel, Wrinkle of Time and Alex Garland's Annihilation, ready player one does look quite exciting! Overall slim pickings though, wish we have more blockbuster original sci-fi hits.

Box office is also becoming too predictable because like you said, it's all about SW, Superheroes and Animations, just now, Wolf Warrior 2 is performing so well in China that it may easily break $600M in China alone, destroying The Mermaid's record, we simply don't have that kind of surprises anymore in the NA market , that's what makes following box office so interesting to me (with an Avatar or Titanic here and there).

• Like 1

Just now, NCsoft said:

I actually don't want him to work more on Terminator anymore, after Avatar, if possible, a entirely new franchise.

Yeah I agree. He takes his time making movies, why go back to something unoriginal - there are tons of new stories to be told. After two decades on Avatar, I would love to see him tackle a stand-alone non-franchise movie like he did with Titanic.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 5:11 AM, IronJimbo said:

You're preaching to the choir about Avatar, I don't think there will be any more delays so we're golden.

Regards to following box office it's similar for me, I'm only interested in following films that are a threat to Titanic's world wide gross. Which means only Star Wars 8, nothing else is a realistic threat. However you do have a few non comic book movies which could do well like Frozen 2, Minecraft Movie (serious) and Minions 2.

I will have fun following T2-3D re-release and Alita: Battle Angel while I'm waiting for Avatar. I also think it would be hilarious if T2:3D were to break $1b world wide (it's at $550m currently)

Then you got the Spielberg and Jackson films which always do well don't seem to have enough gas, Ready Player One and Mortal Engines will be great watches though.

We're living in the age of sws and cape movies, only one man can save us and take us to greater heights.

Haha, you can put that to rest, TLJ is no threat to Titanic, not even close....:P

• Haha 1