Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

I have to wonder if some of the recent bad publicity re: Wonder Woman and Josh Brolin will leave a mark or not, attention spans are really short these days but you never know. 

40 Months to go.

I've forgotten these things happened the day after they happened. 

Edited by AJG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/1/2017 at 8:50 AM, IronJimbo said:

It's very likely Avatar 2 will be the first film to make $1bil in one market, and it won't be "domestic".

Wolf Warrior 2 made $810m in China.

It might make 1B in China if everything goes right, but it's also possible that some domestic Chinese film becomes the first film to get 1B in a single market before Avatar comes out. I do think that overall, Avatar 2's future is bright.

7 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

I have to wonder if some of the recent bad publicity re: Wonder Woman and Josh Brolin will leave a mark or not, attention spans are really short these days but you never know. 

40 Months to go.

Nah, way too inconsequential to affect the success of a James Cameron film.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

It might make 1B in China if everything goes right, but it's also possible that some domestic Chinese film becomes the first film to get 1B in a single market before Avatar comes out. I do think that overall, Avatar 2's future is bright.

I said very likely not because it's possible A2 won't make $1b in China, but because a Chinese film could be the first to make it.

A2 is making at least $1b in China.

4 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

40 Months to go.

The movie comes out in 2020. By then, I'm pretty sure these controversies will be distant memories by then. Hell, they feel like old news now.

Unless of course James says something really bad and fucks over all of his goodwill.

Edited by Rorschach

16 hours ago, Rorschach said:

The movie comes out in 2020. By then, I'm pretty sure these controversies will be distant memories by then. Hell, they feel like old news now.

Unless of course James says something really bad and fucks over all of his goodwill.

What he said about wonderwomen wasn't even bad, that's the worst part. The outrage internet culture is beyond pathetic, the interviewer even agreed with him and was surprised that it caused controversy.

The media is another problem, lets look at one headline.

‘Wonder Woman’ director burns James Cameron over sexist remark

Complete misdirection clickbait title.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2017 at 7:04 PM, IronJimbo said:

He's buried in Avatar - principal filming starts Sept 25.

James Cameron will begin principal photography on Avatar 2 next Monday, September 25th, as was confirmed at the special Terminator event that was held in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, September 19th. Back in June, Cameron’s longtime coproducer and Lightstorm Entertainment head Jon Landau said that filming on the Avatar sequels (all four of them, back-to-back) would indeed begin in the last week of September of this year. The latest update on the project confirms that it is currently moving along right on-schedule, for the time being.

http://screenrant.com/avatar-2-filming-start/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

He's buried in Avatar - principal filming starts Sept 25.

James Cameron will begin principal photography on Avatar 2 next Monday, September 25th, as was confirmed at the special Terminator event that was held in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, September 19th. Back in June, Cameron’s longtime coproducer and Lightstorm Entertainment head Jon Landau said that filming on the Avatar sequels (all four of them, back-to-back) would indeed begin in the last week of September of this year. The latest update on the project confirms that it is currently moving along right on-schedule, for the time being.

http://screenrant.com/avatar-2-filming-start/

He's actually going to film four films at the same time? Madman

What if he wants to change a couple of scenes.

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

He's actually going to film four films at the same time? Madman

What if he wants to change a couple of scenes.

Spoiler

He'll bring in Joss Whedon :ph34r:

Seriously this seems to be a risk.  I'm guessing he'll have the urge to tinker with each film over time.  Hopefully the principles all stay alive and reasonably look the same for the next decade.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously this seems to be a risk.  I'm guessing he'll have the urge to tinker with each film over time.  Hopefully the principles all stay alive and reasonably look the same for the next decade. 

If you rewatch Avatar you'll see it's still got better CGI than this and last years blockbusters.

I was hoping he would do 1&2 then 3&4 possibly with a visual upgrade or even glasses-less 3D (improbable).

e1752287da735ba5f1d1596f9a70237a.jpg

Edited by IronJimbo