Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

17 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

He's buried in Avatar - principal filming starts Sept 25.

James Cameron will begin principal photography on Avatar 2 next Monday, September 25th, as was confirmed at the special Terminator event that was held in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, September 19th. Back in June, Cameron’s longtime coproducer and Lightstorm Entertainment head Jon Landau said that filming on the Avatar sequels (all four of them, back-to-back) would indeed begin in the last week of September of this year. The latest update on the project confirms that it is currently moving along right on-schedule, for the time being.

http://screenrant.com/avatar-2-filming-start/

rnly1di.jpg

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

I wonder if he's playing Jake/Neytiri's son? 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/23/odd-squad-child-actor-filip-geljo-avatar-sequels-contract/

Teen actor Filip Geljo will make some serious green for playing one of the blue people in "Avatar 2" ... TMZ has learned.

The 15-year-old's set to appear in the next 2 sequels from director James Cameron, and will rake in at least $150,000 for his role, according to his contract. He'll also bank an additional $5k per day for any voice-over work he does ... if there's an 'Avatar' video game.

Talk about an out-of-this-world career move for a kid coming from a show on PBS.

Geljo played Agent Otto on the children's series "Odd Squad" and in the 2016 movie by the same name. "Avatar 2" is due in theaters December 2020.

0922-filip-geljo-avatar-2-getty-3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

LOL

They should've written "increasingly nervous under-employed, once-promising movie-star-in-the-making..."

I never really saw the appeal of Sam Worthington in the first place. He's good enough to barely carry the male action hero role, but he offers absolutely nothing beyond that. T4 and Clash were so middle of the road, and his dry performance only hampered them more. He got extremely lucky with Avatar, in that the film didn't have to rely on him at all to sell itself.

9 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Save costs...bulk of money going into vfx and world creation. Zoe will bag a nice paycheck though. Rest will do it on cheap. 

One could argue having a relatively uninspiring lead like Sam would be detrimental to the films, I don't know, guess we'll see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

That's a lotta money.

It has been long in the planning, but James Cameron officially began production today in Manhattan Beach on the four Avatar sequels he is shooting in succession. 

I have actually been on this lot. My old firm had a drop in office next to Lightstorm's studio in Manhattan Beach. Seen the James Cameron reserved parking space and wandered through the HUGE sound stage they have there. Was there about a year ago last, still have my old firm's ID card, should just sneak back on to the lot :thinking: 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Can't wait for Cameron to humble Disney. 

Lol, this hate on you've got for Disney is actually hilarious. Like, it's a film studio! It's not your favourite sports team's rival. It's not Donald Trump. It's a film studio.

Grrrrrrrr!!!

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

I have actually been on this lot. My old firm had a drop in office next to Lightstorm's studio in Manhattan Beach. Seen the James Cameron reserved parking space and wandered through the HUGE sound stage they have there. Was there about a year ago last, still have my old firm's ID card, should just sneak back on to the lot :thinking: 

That would be wrong and irresponsible. 

Spoiler

Do it.