grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Charlize Theron is the closest to looking like Barbie...and the only reason i would download this and fast-forward it.IDK maybe Lawrence?Hathaway,Stone,Larson and i'd be damned even Blanchett can fit the Barbie's looks.

The character doesn't look like Barbie. It's a comedy.

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

The Emoji Movie :qotd:

My Little Pony: The Movie :winomg:
A Barbie Movie :kitschjob:

:sadben::sadben:

RIP Cinema

Cinema did not die when a film based on a Disney ride was greenlit. Cinema did not die when various video games and toy lines were made into movies. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Cinema did not die when a film based on a Disney ride was greenlit. Cinema did not die when various video games and toy lines were made into movies. 

Im not serious :lol:. I actually think the industry is in a very good place right now.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

From NYT

Looking at the past decade of Best actress and Best supporting actress doesn't show anyone who can be a potential Schumer replacement based on the storyline. Maybe they got Nyong'o and the story is changed to acceptance of different skin colors? Or is that too much for a Barbie movie.

It's obviously Octavia Spencer

57 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

cinema only died when they remade BATB 

#facts

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Stone is a blonde in real life. I guess she could keep her red hair for this if she does it.

But yeah, other than her and Larson (cause lol at the notion of JLaw doing this) I don't know who they could be referring to.

Lupita would be a logical choice, both for Mattel toys sales and Sony (Vikander is an other recent winner and she is making franchise movie with Sony already)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

@trifleAny chance of this happening?

Are you asking about Barbie or the Jen/Amy project?

there was an article today about some Oscar winner being 'in talks' for Barbie and they listed every possible Oscar winner as a potential (the web site, not the rumor) including Jen, Brie, Cate Blanchet, Alicia Vikander, Natalie Portman.... etc etc etc.

Amy cancelled didn't she?  And I don't see Jen picking it up from her, no.  Although, what do I know. Maybe the script is better a whole lot better than I think it would be. (It sounds like a Smurfs story to me.)  Jen is fine with franchises.  I just can't see this appealing to her, and I have heard nothing else indicating she is considering it.

Jen has a charity thing connected with The Hunger Games in Kentucky this weekend, and it said other stars 'to be confirmed' - I'm betting Woody will be there.  As for Amy, she and Jen are friendly, and Jen is in New York.

If you are asking about the Jen/Amy comedy, it is still around and Jen and Amy have both said within the last year that they hope to film it in a year or so, once schedules permit.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 4