CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

I'm just looking for an entertaining time at theater with this movie. And glimpses of those locations filming in Vietnam. So yeah, still pretty excited for it. 

Don't quite feel the buzz and chatter around me personally. But that can always change with marketing ramming it up last minute. At the moment though, if it does end up mediocre, I can see it quietly come and go, lost in the shuffle amidst the various high profile releases in March. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Kong: Skull Island is already screening for various people.  I had heard the troubled production thing for a long time through chatter, but who knows for sure on that.  The word out of screenings from a few people is it is not all that good.  That is opinion.  

Explains why Brie Larson is so salty at the awards. It isn't Casey Affleck as some think but that she has a turd about to hit the theaters. :rofl:

Any inside information on The Last Jedi? People have been hearing things so I'm just curious if what you're hearing checks with them. 

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Explains why Brie Larson is so salty at the awards. It isn't Casey Affleck as some think but that she has a turd about to hit the theaters. :rofl:

Any inside information on The Last Jedi? People have been hearing things so I'm just curious if what you're hearing checks with them. 

I hear absolutely nothing on Star Wars for the most part and even if I did wouldn't say anything until around release.  

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I hear absolutely nothing on Star Wars for the most part and even if I did wouldn't say anything until around release.  

Supposedly they are enchanted with Johnson. That's the word going around the Internet by those who claim they are in the know. He' brought in to be the New GL. He's creating new lore. They are amazed by what he's done. They don't think his ideas are as commercial and JJ's but that's why he's brought in. JJ was there to set it all up. They now want to blow minds even if the stuff isn't as comprehensible to GA as TFA was. 

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Is it any surprise this is probably not that good? Directed by an effects guy and the trailers just make it look like standard effects fare

The paradox of this forum is that its users know far more than most about a movie's likely chances of success and yet they're still also incredibly optimistic about almost any blockbuster on the horizon.

Never change, guys.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

The paradox of this forum is that its users know far more than most about a movie's likely chances of success and yet they're still also incredibly optimistic about almost any blockbuster on the horizon.

Never change, guys.

Oh, this is the heart of Shay's School of BO predicting: you don't say what you know will probably happen - you say what you want to happen!!

Not terribly efficient - but at least it's fun. You should never bow down to the world.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Is it any surprise this is probably not that good? Directed by an effects guy and the trailers just make it look like standard effects fare

....Jordan Vogt-Roberts isn't an "effects guy." His resume is mostly comprised of comedy films. The Kings of Summer is a coming-of-age film and Nick Offerman: American Ham is pure stand up comedy. Unless you're referring to his directing in TV, which only lists Death Valley as a potential show that necessitated effects work. 

Back when he was first announced as the director, people were scratching their heads because of his lack of experience in the science fiction and fantasy genres.

Added note: Not even his writing and producing credits list any films that necessitate special effects work. Except maybe Mash Up. I haven't seen it, personally.

Edited by NoobSaibot

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

This needs a very impressive Superbowl spot to get butts in the seat.

This. This film is getting no attention. I will bomb unless it has a super impressive superbowl spot 

Edited by ban1o

1 hour ago, Gokira2012 said:

box office.com has kong as a bomb wih 35,000,000

budge should be 100 - 120, a budge of 190,000,000 is a bomb

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-ghost-shell-boss-baby-zookeepers-wife/

There's no official confirmation the budget was 190m.

I do agree, they need to up the marketing though.

My worry is that Warner Bros. is pushing back Legendary's MonsterVerse into the closet in favor of their own properties. I've seen more marketing for The LEGO Batman Movie than I've seen for Kong: Skull Island.

Edit: Apparently this is in Denmark...not the United States. Okay...

16426075_1928034854092256_70054696331210

Source: Vibe Kellermann (@vibe89)

Edited by NoobSaibot