CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Saw this today.

Decent enough first act with way too much singing for my taste, a stronger and more mysterious second half, and the third act is a powerhouse through and through with stunning visuals and emotional storytelling. 

Loved Olaf...fucking hilarious this time. Ana and Elsa were good, and Kristoff gets a pretty great song. 

Show Yourself is my favorite, though. It's not quite like Let It Go, but the last minute or so of the song comes very close. A worthy sequel. 

• Like 1

I'm very much looking forward to following this film's box office run. The first Frozen is an incredibly important movie to me, and it's run is what brought me here in the first place. I haven't seen Frozen II yet (and I don't know when I'll get the chance to) but I'll be here for it. :)

• Like 2

I've been anticipating F2 for years now, but also had a little fear that they would muck it up with a sub par money grab of a sequel.

Thankfully F2 is a worthy sequel. Beautifully animated, a solid story and songs that really worked better in context than just listening to them before the movie released.

I'd say Olaf gets the most improved character award for F2, he had some really funny stuff, especially  his "stage acting" telling of a story.❄️❄️❄️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Noctis said:

Saw this today.

Decent enough first act with way too much singing for my taste, a stronger and more mysterious second half, and the third act is a powerhouse through and through with stunning visuals and emotional storytelling. 

Loved Olaf...fucking hilarious this time. Ana and Elsa were good, and Kristoff gets a pretty great song. 

Show Yourself is my favorite, though. It's not quite like Let It Go, but the last minute or so of the song comes very close. A worthy sequel. 

My thoughts almost exactly. The first act was the weakest. The pacing was off I felt. The film just jumped from scene to scene, seemingly just meandering until the meat of the story kicked in. I know what you mean about the singing too (in the beginning). Felt like the writers were chomping at the bit to get songs in.

The last two acts were great, the last one being absolutely brilliant! 

I don't really need to go on more as you pretty much covered it. I agree with everything.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing this (and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood).

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I find the music to be even better as a whole (it's in no way balanced evenly throughout the film though, it felt like the first act barely had any speaking scenes), but there's nothing quite like Let It Go this time around, which is fine. The film is also gorgeous, and it's absolutely breathtaking at some points. Olaf is hilarious and brought out plenty of laughs. For the most part, the story is captivating enough, but there are quite a few cracks that pop up near the end, but I won't say what they are. Also, the new characters introduced here are underwhelming, to say the least. That said, I'm happy this film doesn't feel like a retread of the first film, which is more than what I can say about most Pixar sequels that don't have "Toy Story" in their name.

As a whole, I don't think it's quite as good as the first film, but there are a lot of moments where the sequel matches or surpasses the original.

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Only 3rd??

yeah ... that's is as per Deadline ..

soon will post figures with comparison so we can get an idea . same in France & Germany as well record opening for Disney animated film but overall less than other Animated biggies .

Edit :- this is strong start .. Saturday is going to be historic in most of markets ..massive jump despite big friday 

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Like 1