CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

On 11/24/2019 at 9:08 PM, DeeCee said:

When is this expected on Disney+?

An official date hasn't been announced. Disney only committed to release it on Disney+ within a year of the theatrical release. With that said, it will most likely be released much sooner than that - probably by June of next year.

Edited by OffTheHizzle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

Before we get too wrapped up in the OW numbers, it's important to ask the real question:

What's going to happen when Frozen II Sing-a-long gets released?

Honestly, I think thought the songs were underwhelming this time. Kristof’s “Lost in the Woods” was hilarious, but it was all in the presentation and not the song itself.

• Like 1

Zootopia (2016)

Up there with the very best of Disney Animation IMO. First of all the design of Zootopia itself is amazing. You could tell how much thought and detail went into the city and how the world works. More importantly though it's a fantastic combination of a classic Disney stable of having anthropomorphic creatures but actually digging deeper into the very concept about what it means for different people to live together while still being really entertaining and not overly preacher. Judy and Nick Wilde have some superb chemistry and I really hope they continue this world/story either on Disney+ or in a sequel (the film made $1 Billion damn it!) 

Moana (2016)

Gotta admit while I liked the film on first watch I didn't consider it at the time that great compared to the more recent Disney Animation films/ But boy on rewatch my view of the film has massively gone up. Firstly I really love how much of it is all focused on Moana. Other than Maui there really isn't much of a supporting cast so you're basically with Moana for the whole film but it doesn't matter since I loved her character journey and progression as a hero. 

Next up finally the first Frozen and then Frozen II on Opening Day in Australia.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Best First five days ever in France for an animation film :

1 972 782 Tickets

Damn.

Shay's 1st thought: OMG, how many teen lesbians are out there??!!

Shay's 2nd thought: Hehe, Pixar is toast...

Edited by shayhiri

13 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Excellent number. but is it bigger than Ice Age movies. I would be surprise. @Parasite can you confirm.

11 hours ago, peludo said:

I have found that, at least, Ice Age 3 and Finding Nemo had bigger openings:

Ice Age 3: 2,403,734

Finding Nemo: 2,056,621

I do not know if there is any other bigger than F2.

TLK (2019) if higher is we consider it an animation film.

These Ice Age and Finding Nemo figures are 7-day OW vs 5-day for Frozen. F2 is higher than both for 5 days (Ice Age 3 was 1 740 293 OW ), but it will likely fall under IA3 on the full week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1