Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thanks to a good portion of the country not even bothering to go to the polls at all. Anyway, not the politics thread.

Its just an example.

The number of people who go see a movie is small compared to the number of people that didn't.

However well a movie does, it could always do better (or worse) and its impossible to tell what factors influence that.

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Statistics don't work like that.

The pro Trump vocal nutjobs and cranky folks on twitter probably also small in numbers, Trump still got elected.

Haha come on. The other candidate was atrocious and depressed turnout. Many saw him as a better choice of 2 horrible ones. Let's leave politics out of this. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Why do people act like Shazam is unknown character? 

Shazam is much more known than Captain Marvel, Ant Man and Gotg 

How is Shazam more known than any of those characters? I'm genuinely curious

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

How is Shazam more known than any of those characters? I'm genuinely curious

Shazam has been in Justice League series, been in Animated series like Young Justice. Comics sale is much better than others. 

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

Shazam has been in Justice League series, been in Animated series like Young Justice. Comics sale is much better than others. 

Ant-Man and GOTG got 2 movies each and Captain Marvel got teased in one of the biggest movies ever. They're also part of the biggest movie franchise on the planet

Shazam showed up in 2 niche cartoons. And only in a handful of episodes at that

How is Shazam more known again?

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Ant-Man and GOTG got 2 movies each and Captain Marvel got teased in one of the biggest movies ever. They're also part of the biggest movie franchise on the planet

Shazam showed up in 2 niche cartoons. And only in a handful of episodes at that

How is Shazam more known again?

I am talking about before their movies were released. Offcourse after the movie many character became famous. 

Probably means pre-their movies. Nonetheless every old person knows who Shazam is but they all know him as captain marvel. I’ve explained to my dad like six times that there’s a captain marvel  movie this month but not the one he grew up with he’s in a different movie next month.

Just now, Matthew said:

I am talking about before their movies were released. Offcourse after the movie many character became famous. 

They were still part of the MCU. A brand renowned around the world. That automatically makes them more known that someone who occasionally showed up in 2 niche cartoons

21 minutes ago, Matthew said:

If Shazam has been MCU movie. It would have easily grossed 800M+ with such stellar reviews. 

This is exactly the type of comment that makes people think every cbm should make over 800mil and is completely wrong. 

Ant man and wasp followed IW which made over 2billion and still didn't make 630mil WW even with 88% on RT.

After reading your comment it makes complete sense why there is a lot of delusion in this thread with regards to expectations for Shazam’s box office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

After reading your comment it makes complete sense why there is a lot of delusion in this thread with regards to expectations for Shazam’s box office. 

More than that, What Went Wrong has already started before release. :sparta:

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

More than that, What Went Wrong has already started before release. :sparta:

It’s just so frustrating cause we already know how this is going to play out if it doesn’t make 600- 700mil ww at least.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

people, my god, the movie is going to do fine. It doesn't need to make 800 mill. It doesn't even need 500mil

People are just worried that making $500M will be a disappointment compared to previous DCEU movies especially with this one having a rating that high.

40 minutes ago, Matthew said:

If Shazam has been MCU movie. It would have easily grossed 800M+ with such stellar reviews. 

Erm.... 

Ant-Man and Wasp certainly couldn’t make it anywhere close to that. Although reviews weren’t as good. 

Before Captain Marvel, most of their single character intro films haven’t made $700m, never mind $800m.

Black Panther apparently isn’t counted as a solo intro film. 

So yeh, wrong. 

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I still have confidence that Shazam! would make $100M-plus lifetime gross though the current pre-sale do not look great enough. I don't see it would cause hurt to the future of DC even if it fail to hit that level. 

Pre sales are following JL and Ragnarok which both made 100m so how do they not look great enough?

Edited by Wotad