antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

Yeah I really liked this and it was a good sequel.  I still like the original a little more just due to the reason he came back, but yeah the action in this obviously went further then the first and I loved that too.

I will probably see it again :) 

• Like 3

I couldn't resist seeing it again, but at a different theater. It holds up really well and I was able to catch more details that I missed the first time since the action just overloads your brain cells the first time.

I didn't even recognize Peter Stormare the first time, he played the Devil in Constantine with Keanu.;)

• Like 2

I just got back from a John Wick 2/Lego Batman double feature. We loved both of them so much. The crowd for JW ranged in age from twentysomethings to a few folks who were in their seventies and everyone seemed to have a ball. The action was just insane! It reminded me why I loved Matrix-era Keanu so much. He kicked all the ass, but it wasn't so effortless for Wick that it seemed ridiculous. The hand-to-hand fights, especially with Cassian, were wonderfully brutal. There hasn't been another movie with action sequences that were so well choreographed and filmed so coherently.  I felt submerged into John Wick's universe, with its elegant quirks and near-constant violence, and it was glorious.

Throughout the movie, some squeamish men kept letting out little screams whenever Wick dished out a headshot or cracked a bone. At one point I thought that the guy next to me was going to run out of the theater. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Just re watched John Wick 1. My body is ready for this. 

Funny, I was flipping through the channels tonight to see if JW was on. Weirdly, it is, but it's on one of the French channels and it's not subtitled, it's dubbed. I watched a few minutes out of curiosity and whoever is doing the voice for JW does sound a lot like Keanu, but Parker isn't remotely close.

John Wick is on Netflix for those who want to watch it (or at least it is here in Canada, where I am). I didn't catch it when it originally came out in theatres - it was never even on my radar. I just watched it on Netflix, and it was very enjoyable. There's something about the John Wick character - it's the principle for him, he's standing on principle. And it's all done in a very stylish, sophisticated way. There may be a lot of violence and a lot of killing, but here it doesn't usually feel mindless and blurry, the way so many action movies are. It was just kind of mesmerizing, in a way.

Anyway, it does make me want to check out Chapter 2, so I'm going to make a trip to the theatre to see it. Many reviews seem to indicate that the lightness and charm are the only things missing this time around, which will be too bad, but the reviews are also saying this film is even more stylish and exquisite than the first and ups the ante with the action, so that's good. I hope it continues the world building of the first - the interesting rules and relationships (and characters) - as I love the little contained world the first made for itself.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 4:18 PM, grim22 said:

Since we are talking fight choreography and filming, here is my favorite "What the hell are they doing?" fight scene. 

Warning: if you are prone to seizures, please do not watch this. This is an abuse of shaky cam

I was actually able to point something out with this fight scene. Here, Tyler Perry tries bashing Matthew Fox's head into a railing. The shaky cam tries to conceal the fact that he's not actually bashing his head in but I can tell that Fox's head is clearly not making contact with the railing.